From Grafton to St. Johnsbury (NEK)

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

triz

From Grafton to St. Johnsbury (NEK)

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Wife and I will be sleeping in Grafton this coming weekend. We are willing to drive were hoping to spend one day in the NEK.

What is the best route to go from Grafton to St. Johnsbury? Is the 91 "boring"?

The foliage seems to be still early pretty much everywhere. Any safe bet? We will spend also one day in the Green Mountains.

Thanks!!

pwt54

Re: From Grafton to St. Johnsbury (NEK)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 am

We are not having a good foliage year this year. I was up in the Northeast Kingdom yesterday with CTYankee and it was not good. There is a lot of color, but it was dull and lifeless. The conditions seem to be state wide. I would do scenic drives in that area. Route 35 to Chester and route 103 from there to Ludlow for a start. Route 100 north to route US 4 east to Woodstock. I am heading to the Peacham area right now. Maybe I'll have good news.

triz

Re: From Grafton to St. Johnsbury (NEK)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am

Thanks!
We decided last minutes to postpone the trip to the following weekend (12-15 of October).
Hopefully it will be a bit better