Foliage Status in Killington

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ndhoo2

Foliage Status in Killington

Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:46 pm

Hi, everyone-
I just recently came upon this forum and all of the messages have been so helpful! I was wondering if anyone might have an update on how the leaves are looking in the Killington area. We have planned a trip up there for next weekend (Oct 1-3). We usually go over Columbus Day, when the leaves are always beautiful, but unfortunately we had to move the trip a week earlier this year, so I'm a bit nervous about whether we'll get to see much color. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

pwt54

Re: Foliage Status in Killington

Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:44 pm

Judging by what I saw in Rochester last Monday, I'd say it will be early color and maybe more advanced in the higher elevations. It should be near peak up above Rochester that weekend. I'm hoping to be riding around the Bethel, Tunbridge, Peacham area on Monday. Check in for a report next Tuesday.

ndhoo2

Re: Foliage Status in Killington

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:07 am

Thank you so much for the update. It is so helpful to be able to hear from people who can actually check things out first hand. Sounds like we should still see some good color, and either way, we always have such a great time up there and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again for the information. I'll keeping checking in for more updates!