Two questions regarding iPhone !!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bsparks276

Two questions regarding iPhone !!!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:29 am

One of it/or both can be dumb question(s), but -
1- How is Verizon cellphone network in Vermont/New Hampshire area ? I been to Alaska and only ATnT leads there, so I am asking, if it same here ?
2- I bought Carol's book on Kindle. Does anybody know, how to put GPS coordinates in google map on iPhone ? For example, how to put this coordinate in iPhone map - N44 10'22"; W72 39'3"
Thanks

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Two questions regarding iPhone !!!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:53 am

Hi Sparks: No question is too dumb on this forum and all are worthy of an answer so continue to ask away!

I have had great luck with AT&T in both areas. But be aware, there are pockets of non reception in both. Some can be for a longer period of time or just transient so be patient. It really depends on the location. I'm sure this holds for Verizon as well. For instance, I usually have no problem with AT&T, but at one of my inns, I have no reception inside and have to stand outside at the horse corral to talk to anyone! I can also lean my head out my room window at the inn to get any reception but that can be cold! :lol: When traveling with friends, one can have reception on Verizon and none on AT&T and vice versa.

Not sure about the GPS coordinates so anyone else can help with the question I'm sure.

From_the_NEK

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 am

Verizon has pretty good coverage in most places. There are some rural areas where service is spotty. However, if you are driving around you will usually pick up service again in a few miles. The most annoying and inexplicable Verizon dead zone I know of is Route 2 between West Danville and Montpelier.

As for the IPhone question, I don't own one but I Googled the answer here:
http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971696

Utah Baker

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 pm

We have always had good coverage with Verizon as well.

bsparks276

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Thank you very much