Mad River Glen's Scenic Foliage Single Chair Lift Rides

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mad River Glen's Scenic Foliage Single Chair Lift Rides

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 pm

If you want to become one with Mother Nature, if you want peace, solitude and a need for an hour or so by yourself, then take the single chair lift ride at Mad River Glen. The Mad River Glen in Waitsfield is hosting three weekends of foliage lift rides on their single chair lift! The first Fall Foliage Weekend is coming up this very weekend! I've included the three weekend times/dates below. I go every year and it is the most peaceful, relaxing and blissful ride up and down the mountain that you can imagine. You are hanging out there by yourself enjoying the beautiful surroundings with only the clicking sound of the lift as it ascends or descends the mountain. I've never experienced this feeling on any of the other gondola or tram rides in Vermont. It is a must do! The views at the top are amazing! Lots of nice hiking around the summit too. I'll be there for my yearly ride on Sunday the 1st of October to commence my wonderful stay in my favorite go to place in Waitsfield for the full week before Columbus Day Weekend. Enjoy your own peaceful bubble up and down the MRG Mountain! :mrgreen:

http://www.madriverglen.com/visit/getting-here

09/23/2017
Fall Foliage Weekend Chairlift Rides

See the amazing foliage from the summit of Stark Mountain. Ride "The Single" America's favorite chairlift. Enjoy lunch or a beverage in General Stark's Pub it will be open from 1-5 PM. Cost: Lift Rides:$10 for adults, $5 for kids

09/24/2017
Fall Foliage Weekend Chairlift Rides

See the amazing foliage from the summit of Stark Mountain. Ride "The Single" America's favorite chairlift. Enjoy lunch or a beverage in General Stark's Pub it will be open from 1-5 PM. Cost: Lift Rides:$10 for adults, $5 for kids

09/30/2017
Green & Gold Weekend

The traditional kick-off to the MRG season. Enjoy foliage rides on "America's Favorite Chairlift" 
Fall Foliage Rides - 10 AM to 2:30 PM

10/01/2017
Green & Gold Weekend

The traditional kick-off to the MRG season. Enjoy foliage rides on "America's Favorite Chairlift" 
Fall Foliage Rides - 10 AM to 2:30 PM

10/07/2017
Columbus Day Weekend
Saturday, Sunday - October 7-8

See the amazing foliage from the summit of Stark Mountain. Ride "The Single" America's favorite chairlift on Saturday and Sunday - Lift rides are not offered on Monday. The lift will be open for loading from 10 AM to 2:30 PM). Cost: Lift Rides:$10 for adults, $5 for kids
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Mad River Glen's Scenic Foliage Single Chair Lift Rides

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Hello! Today I headed straight for Mad River Glen upon my arrival in Waitsfield. Had a super relaxing ride up the mountain on this spectacular autumn day in Vermont. I closed my eyes most of the way up and let that strong sunshine cover me from head to toe. After driving a couple of hours, this ride up was exactly what I needed to unwind! It was quite cold up there, 45 with a breeze that made it cooler, but the views up there, wow! Hundreds of miles of long views around the summit. Get the camera ready coming down, that's when the photo ops are the best, as well as at the summit.

Next weekend should have a lot more color and they are only doing the single chair lift Saturday and Sunday, so go for it! Bring your gloves and layer up, it's a lot different at the summit than at the base. They have entertainment and lots of nice ski stuff in the store. There were a ton of people there hiking up and down, dogs running happily around and smiles on everyone's faces. What a great time! This is my fourth time up there and I never grow tired of it! CT