Early color in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

john

Re: Early color in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:05 pm

ctyanky wrote:Hey! Now you are famous! 8) Congrats for getting your work out there for all to see. I'm sure you are getting a lot of compliments from family and friends watching. Kudos!
Thanks ct. I've had my photos on several TV stations in the past. This is the first time one of my videos has been on TV.

Utah Baker

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

John, welcome,welcome! Drone videos are so amazing, love the rockets of red shooting up like fireworks! Please keepem coming! And if it wants to slow down a. It, all the better for me! :wink:

Utah Baker

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Utah Baker wrote:John, welcome,welcome! Drone videos are so amazing, love the rockets of red shooting up like fireworks! Please keepem coming! And if it wants to slow down a little, all the better for me! :wink:

autzig

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Very nice drone footage!

I don't know if it will matter in Vermont, but I drove through much of Wisconsin this week and while early, I found pockets of brilliant reds, crimson reds, oranges and yellows. The color was especially nice from Black River Falls to Wisconsin Dells. Looks like it will be a very good foliage season there. I will be spending the season in Texas where the dominant color is...golden brown. I must find an opportunity to return to Vermont in a future autumn.

Greetings to all my SOV friends.

Al

Andy

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 am

Hi Al: I feel your pain. Will not make it to Vermont this year. Hoping to sneak away for at least a weekend and find some Michigan colors. Glad to see you checking in here once in a while. Maybe you can finally capture that elusive Armadillo photo you have always coveted this year :P
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm

John: not sure you are still following this thread but looks like I'll be at Lewis Pond on Tuesday, Oct. 3rd unless rain dictates that I go Monday or Wednesday in the alternative. I hope the color will be good then, if not, I sure do like going there nonetheless. I heard from Phil and he is on for Tuesday. I haven't said anything about Norton or Averill Ponds though............ :roll:

I also mentioned the washouts on Henshaw, don't worry! :mrgreen:

Utah Baker

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 am

Al and Andy, nice to hear from you both, you are missed here! Sorry no trip to VT for you this year, but I know you'll find beauty wherever you go!

Andy

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 am

Thanks, Utah. I really enjoyed meeting you on my last trip to VT
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

john

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 am

ctyanky wrote:John: not sure you are still following this thread but looks like I'll be at Lewis Pond on Tuesday, Oct. 3rd unless rain dictates that I go Monday or Wednesday in the alternative. I hope the color will be good then, if not, I sure do like going there nonetheless. I heard from Phil and he is on for Tuesday. I haven't said anything about Norton or Averill Ponds though............ :roll:

I also mentioned the washouts on Henshaw, don't worry! :mrgreen:
That's great CT! The Lewis Pond Overlook is something not to be missed.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi John: this will be my third time at the Lewis Overlook. I try to go every couple of years. It never disappoints. I even enjoy the long ride in because the anticipation of the finality of arriving at the overlook is worth every minute!

Have you been to Moose Bog in the state’s Wenlock Wildlife Management Area near the Silvio O Conte Refuge? It supposedly has nice trails and excellent birding opportunities. This place is starting to intrigue me and I would like to do this before the Lewis trek.

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/UserFi ... %20WMA.pdf

Found the trails on Hike New England!

http://hikenewengland.com/WenlockWMA070128.php

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm

John: I see that CBS Boston has shown your video of Little Averill Pond. Congratulations! It will probably be even more widespread before you know it! :D

john

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

ctyanky wrote:Hi John: this will be my third time at the Lewis Overlook. I try to go every couple of years. It never disappoints. I even enjoy the long ride in because the anticipation of the finality of arriving at the overlook is worth every minute!

Have you been to Moose Bog in the state’s Wenlock Wildlife Management Area near the Silvio O Conte Refuge? It supposedly has nice trails and excellent birding opportunities. This place is starting to intrigue me and I would like to do this before the Lewis trek.

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/UserFi ... %20WMA.pdf

Found the trails on Hike New England!

http://hikenewengland.com/WenlockWMA070128.php
I can't say as though I have been to Moose Bog. Thanks for the suggestion.
ctyanky wrote:John: I see that CBS Boston has shown your video of Little Averill Pond. Congratulations! It will probably be even more widespread before you know it! :D
Thank you. As a mater of fact I just signed a licensing agreement on that video earlier today. They are going to shop it around at several national new outlets.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 am

Hi John, congratulations on that! I think I've seen it on one other site already. CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Carol: I'm surprised you haven't been there before as that is your territory. I hope to go, I just don't want to "pepper" Phil with requests on top of Lewis Pond (that's what he calls it). :mrgreen: One request at a time! Have fun there and yes, let me know how it went, and if we end up there, compare notes...............