Please Support the Locals

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

abby

Please Support the Locals

Postby abby » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:58 am

While you are out and about leaf peeping, I have some recommendations of a few of my favorite places to stop and visit in the Northeast Kingdom.
Parsons Corner Restaurant on Glover Rd in Barton. Open for breakfast and lunch. You will not find a better breakfast in the area in my opinion. Excellent food!

Memory Lane Antique Shop at 158 Church Street in Barton. It's a lovely shop located in a big barn with lots of treasures to find. Please tell the owner Catherine that I said hello!!!!!

Copper Plate Food Truck located at The Rivers Edge Farm Stand on Glover Rd in Barton. All food is local farm fresh to table and it is absolutely delicious. Please tell the owner Eddie that I said hi!

Red Sky Trading Shop 2894 Glover Rd in Glover VT. This is a wonderful spot to stop, grab a cup of coffee and a homemade goodie, and sit by the babbling Barton River as it flows by among the beautiful gardens. This little barn has it all. Delicious homemade baked goods, butters, dips etc, as well as antiques and nick nacks. It's one of my favorite places to visit in the NEK. Please tell owners Doug and Cheri I said hello if you happen to see them there.

Curriers Market on Glover Rd in Glover (just beyond the Red Sky Trading shop) You need to experience the true Vermont feel to this store. I won't give it away, but once you wander through the store you will see why I recommended you visit. Bring your camera in the store with you!

Enjoy your time in Vermont!
Carol

mmvt

Re: Please Support the Locals

Postby mmvt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:06 am

Great Suggestions Carol! So many VT businesses count on income during the leaf peeping season! Some of my favorite places to spend money in the Killington and surrounding region include:

Sugar and Spice Restaurant - route 4 in Chittenden - great breakfast with a small gift shop in the basement. Excellent food, fantastic service and a fun place to eat! don't forget to leave a generous tip for the wait staff!

Taftsville Country Store - route 4 in Taftsville - lovely little country store with a combination of gifts items, locally sourced food and household supplies.

Singletons Store - the original in Cavendish and a new one near Quechee - you can buy a little bit of everything here - per the sign on the original store, "guns, ammo, whiskey"! I like their meat department for their marinated beef and chicken. They also sell amazing maple breakfast sausage. If you need some good socks, they have those too!

Farms that sell Maple Syrup - you can buy syrup in LOTS of places in VT but when possible try and support local maple farms that sell their product directly to the consumer. you might pay a little less... AND, the farmer will receive "top dollar" for their product

Green Mountain Sugar house - Ludlow - you can also buy syrup here, along with lots of other gift items but the real attraction is Maple Creamee (soft serve ice cream). really fun place to stop/shop and super nice people!

Rochester Cafe and Country Store- Rochester - excellent little cafe/restaurant with small gift store. Food is fresh, well prepared and always excellent. Fun place to stop for a quick lunch or afternoon snack.

Unicorn Shop - Woodstock - hard to describe this place.... it's a fun-filled shop with toys, trinkets, gifts with a wide range of prices. I tend to not like shopping very much but almost always find something in this store that i have not seen before and/or must have!

Return to “Foliage Forum”