Bondville Fair Today 8/27 - What a true gem in the world of VT Fairs!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Bondville Fair Today 8/27 - What a true gem in the world of VT Fairs!

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 pm

http://bondvillefair.org/

Hello! As I mentioned in a previous post, my second stop of the day after hiking Mt. Olga was to continue on 100 N to the Bondville Fair. OMG we had such a fantastic time at this very quaint, small town fair! Just what I imagined it would be, I felt like it was a step back in time! I guess you just have to experience the Bondville Fair for yourself, maybe next year. From the concessions, to the rides, the local crafters, the band stand players, a tiny animal barn (and I mean tiny!) and the sweet man selling his maple syrup!

The best part was the tractor pull! I've never seen one before (yes, that's true). I'm no stranger to Ag fairs and I've seen oxen and draft horse pulls but this tractor pull thing was very cool! They really put their heart and soul into the competition and everyone was cheering on the contestants.

I think I had a smile on my face the whole time I was at this fair. I left with a great feeling that there are still these small, home town fairs around that make you feel so good to be around so many down to earth, wonderful folks.

And perfect, blissful weather for a fair day in Vermont! Put this fair on your bucket list for next year! You'll be glad you did! :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot