Have You Started Thinking About or Planning Your 2017 VT Foliage Trip?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky

Have You Started Thinking About or Planning Your 2017 VT Foliage Trip?

Postby ctyanky » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! We are 8 months out from our first arrivals into the great state of Vermont for our foliage vacations! But who's counting? :wink:

After last autumn's sensational foliage display, it is hard to imagine not returning again in 2017! One can only hope for a rerun of 2016, one of the most amazing foliage seasons in many years.

Upon trolling many B&Bs, inns and such, I'm finding they are receiving a lot of inquiries, not to mention actual confirmations of reservations.

As for myself, I am leaving the end of September again and staying for what I hope is a glorious 12 day excursion within three locales. I am exploring two towns that I've happened to pass through either for a festival, shopping or other event, or merely just traveling through to get to another destination, but never spent enough time there to fully appreciate the many things the town had to offer. So I'm just going to plop myself down at a quaint B&B and inn in these two new VT towns at the beginning and end of my trip! The middle of the stay will be in Waitsfield, my tried and true happy place. More to come as to where these "new" locales will be and what I am planning to do to occupy my time there. 8)

There are so many items on my bucket list this coming season and I'm getting excited for autumn in Vermont once again. I have only one mountain foliage lift ride to cross off my list of eight and that is in Stratton. I never got to hike Nichols Ledge or take the cruise on Lake Champlain. One of my to do's include a long trail ride in Danby at a ranch recommended by friends. I also want to hike to Equinox Pond as I recently saw some beautiful photos online. So much to do and so little time! :shock: I wouldn't mind another day trip to Lewis Pond, will have to contact Phil who is on the beach in Florida with his endless search of seashells to bring home. :lol:

Most of all, looking to meet up once again with old and new VT foliage fanatics, locals and visitors alike, to troll around the countryside.

How about you? :D
CT - Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

bvahjen

Re: Have You Started Thinking About or Planning Your 2017 VT Foliage Trip?

Postby bvahjen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:52 am

When you take the foliage ride at Stratton, don't forget to get directions to the fire tower. It's well worth it. Also, have a blue cheeseburger at the red fox tavern just outside town. It's also worth it. Also driving up equinox and the Mary Todd Lincoln estate.

markm

Postby markm » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:10 pm

No plans yet.

ctyanky

Postby ctyanky » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:23 am

The latest from Phil in Florida is that there are hardly any shells for him to pick BUT we are on for Lewis Pond! :D Tim our board owner is coming with a friend so if anyone needs any info on Lewis Pond please ask away! We are going mid week the first week of October, weather permitting, and also hoping for the roads to be in good condition. This will be my third venture into the Nulhegan Basin to seek Vermont's one and only golden chalice! The views will render you speechless! It is my favorite long view location in the entire state and worth the time and effort and long drive in. I'll try to find the directions on the forum and post here. CT

bv: I didn't realize Stratton had a fire tower hike, I thought you were referring to Mt. Snow's fire tower, which I have hiked to in the past. Thanks for the recommendation on the restaurant as well. I've driven up Mt. Equinox Skyline Drive twice, once in summer for an SOV meetup and again in fall, truly amazing. Hildene is also beautiful, I went many years ago. I think I went horseback riding nearby but can't remember the stables. Hope to see you back here from Arizona this fall for a get together either in Vermont of Connecticut! :wink:

Return to “Foliage Forum”