Have You Started Thinking About or Planning Your 2017 VT Foliage Trip?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Have You Started Thinking About or Planning Your 2017 VT Foliage Trip?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:08 am

Hello foliage friends! Here I am a month later in this thread and I've started to get my "stuff" together in the staging room with just under 3 weeks to go! So much to take to VT as I never know what the weather is going to be! I have my maps ready and hiking and horseback riding gear and a variety of warm clothing for the gondola rides to the mountain tops! These cold mornings have really "sparked" my foliage fever and I hope you all are experiencing the same excitement. 8)

The mums are out on my porch as well as all my autumn décor and early leaf change is all over northern CT. We were in Chester, VT last weekend but it was still pretty green with a few flares along the roadside. The Vermont Country Store was quiet and easy to shop in. The town of Chester was so still, but the shopkeepers are quite excited for their foliage festival this coming weekend! If you haven't been, it is a delightful festival with great food and vendors. Lots of nice back roads around the area as well.

I'm excited to see all my old and new friends in just a few weeks! And time marches on to the great foliage adventure! :mrgreen: