Oh Tis A Sweet Autumn Night here in the NE with the full moon...

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Oh Tis A Sweet Autumn Night here in the NE with the full moon...

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:47 pm

What a crystal clear night here, cold, but still, with an almost full Hunter's Moon overhead. I just got back from a walk and someone's wood fire smoke had saturated the air. I took a deep breath in, closed my eyes, and felt so blessed to have this awesome autumn season still ahead of me here in Connecticut and to have experienced one of the most breathtaking seasons in Vermont in years, that indeed was the icing on the cake. My street is lined with pumpkins, mums, oddly shaped gourds, foliage wreaths on the doors and Halloween décor. There is excitement in the air here, you can just feel it!

The individuality of each of the states brings to the whole of New England a special kind of fall; the landscapes and climates vary so much that autumn can be quite an exciting experience depending on which state you choose to explore. Living in the northeast has its challenges, but I could never change having the four seasons for anything else in the world. I live and breathe my love for New England each and every day, and my passion is to share it with others.

But fall, it is my heart throb. I wake up every morning excited for the day to begin and look forward to my weekend jaunts that bring endless adventures, experiences and new people to meet in the towns, farms and country stores that I travel to. There's nothing like autumn in New England. I feel like I am living a dream sometimes!

To all of you who have come to Vermont and have traveled through all of our other states before and after your Vermont vacation, please slow down and enjoy every blissful moment of this very fleeting season.

Awesome Autumn. These words say it all. :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot