Stowe to Woodstock and everything in between

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Colorado Mom

Stowe to Woodstock and everything in between

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Left Stowe this morning and headed south on 89 connecting to 2. Color was amazing from Marshfield to Danville. Cut down to Peacham then took the back road called Mack Mountain Road. Fun road and great color.

Took 232 and went to Ricker Pond. Wasn't planning on going to Noyes Pond but saw the sign and off we went. OMG......what an amazing place that is!! Color was good down to Orange.

Ended up eventually on 100 B down to Waitsfield......mad tacos (yum) then on to Appalachian Gap. Once again we got some amazing shots. Cut down to Jerusalem, over to Lincoln, back to Warren. Hit all the bridges and Texas Falls ending up in Woodstock where I was very disappointed that the Farmers Market was just closing and I didn't get my gobble sandwich#21. This place has great sandwiches and you can eat to the left of the building at picnic tables.

Doing Jenne Farm tomorrow and south part of 100.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Stowe to Woodstock and everything in between

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:10 am

Colorado! Wow, glad you had such a great day! I knew Marshfield to Danville would be prime. I forgot to tell you to take Danville Hill Road to Cabot cheese factory. The top of DHR is gorgeous. bm took me all around here years ago. Glad you got to Seyon! That has always been a favorite amongst folks here!

And you went to Mad Taco!!! I ate there three times this past week and my scale is proof! So glad you went, a very cool place with a lot of young, energetic people and a fun bar. I love the vibe there, it is so local and relaxed and the music is good. The food is amazing as well.

Glad you did the App Gap and Lincoln. Wasn't Jerusalem road awesome? Did you take it to Downingsville? I think it actually turned into it and then to Quaker.

bm took me to the Farmers Market for the first time and I loved it. What a place! It was after we went to the VINS Raptor Center in Quechee. Did you go to Quechee?

So excited for you! Love your enthusiastic reports! CT

P.S. I have to laugh! The Gobble Sandwich is what I got!!!!!! Great minds think alike. :mrgreen: But sorry you missed out! :cry:

Utah Baker

Re: Stowe to Woodstock and everything in between

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:35 am

Took about the same route in reverse yesterday. Coming up from Boston I93 & 89 where eye popping gorgeous. Entered Vermont on Rt 4 and immediately stopped for a maple creemie, and it was delicious! Rt 4 was kinda so so till you got to Killington, then the colors came 'alive"! Stopped and got a few pictures at Kent pond then on up 100. Took Quarty Hill Road on a whim, just south of Hancock, and wow the views where amazing! Especially on North View Drive. Tried to post some phone pics, but even those files where too large even at the smallest I could send them. Looking forward to another great day.