10/9: Grand Slam Route 7 Corridor: Wallingford to Manchester to Benn

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

10/9: Grand Slam Route 7 Corridor: Wallingford to Manchester to Benn

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:24 pm

This is part II of my very incredible day today after touring Poulney, Wells, Pawlet, Middletown Spring, Tinmouth and Lake Saint Catherine....

Wallingford is simply gorgeous! Hooked on to Route 7 South and was immediately engulfed in those majestic mountains on both sides of route 7! Yowzah! Mt. Tabor was prime! This corridor is to be reckoned with in terms of dramatic landscape that grips you on either side! I haven't been on this in years! The only drawback is that there is really no place to stop but the eye candy can't be beat. Danby was spectacular and so was the ride down to Manchester. Light traffic and no holdups! This area is near peak and will be at its highest color in a day or two right through the weekend. Honestly, besides the NEK this corridor is it's rival. Just loved the ride through North Bennington up to the welcome center. I took Route 7 all the way to Williamstown which is also grand and near peak. Took the Mohawk Trail and wow, this is peak now, especially at the hair pin turn!

I'll be up one day each weekend now for a couple of weeks because the Berkshires and CT are opening up their curtains any time now and I will be spending A LOT of time in the NW and NE corner of CT for our own display. Meantime, VT is where its at! :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot