Blueberry Lake Warren Wed Oct 5th

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Blueberry Lake Warren Wed Oct 5th

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:29 pm

OK folks! Go here as soon as you can! The mountains behind the lake were in peak with deep reds mixed in with the pines 180 degrees around the lake. We went last year and decided it was an afternoon shot and boy did we hit it right! The lake was like glass and the reflections into the lake from the foliage, blue sky and clouds was intense! Take Plunkton Road off 100 after you finish Granville Gulf - it comes on fast but the sign is large. Take this until you see the lake BUT do not take the first parking lot. Keep going north until you bend around the north edge of the lake to the Forestry sign welcoming you to the lake. Park in the lot there and you will see what I mean. What a hot spot for color and reflections. Try to get this in the afternoon, I think we were there around 3. If you can hit it soon on a calm day you are in for a treat! Take Fuller Hill Road back to 100 for amazing long views! In the alternative, you can also take Warren Road to Common Road for views of the mountains that will knock your socks off! Enjoy! Please report back if you get to Blueberry Lake!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot