Suggested Routes - Burlington to Quebec City

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

svon

Suggested Routes - Burlington to Quebec City

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:01 pm

My wife, kids and I are reaching Burlington Wed, Oct 29 and have 2 days (Thurs, Fri) before other family members join us. We plan to spend the weekend and after (Oct 2 - 5) doing day trips from Burlington.

However, I want to use Thurs and Fri (Sep 30, Oct 1) to make a drive to Quebec City (starting from Burlington)

My question:
1. Is this a good route to see colors?
2. What is a good suggested route? My present AAA mapped route is US14,16,I-91 to Canada Border and then 55,112,73 to Quebec City.

I know this question doesn't pertain to Vermont alone. Anybody familiar with the color scene with our neighbor, eh!!

Thanks,
Sam

pwt54

Re: Suggested Routes - Burlington to Quebec City

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:34 am

There are 3 different ways to choose from. First get onto route 15 east in Winooski. There won't be much going on until you get past Underhill. The colors pick up from there. In Johnson pick up route 100C on your left and drive that to the end. Turn left onto route 100 north and drive that and route 105 through Newport and pick up I-91 there. Or drive on toward Hardwick and pick up route 14 north on your left just before the village. Drive route 14 north to Irasburg and pick up route 58 east on the right and drive that to route US 5 in Orleans. Turn right and pick up I-91 North. Or drive through Hardwick village to route 16 north and take that to I-91 in Barton. My preferences would be the routes 100C / 100 or the routes 14 / 58.