October 3rd color - Killington/Ludlow/Plymouth area

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

mmvt

October 3rd color - Killington/Ludlow/Plymouth area

Postby mmvt » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 pm

The Sun made an appearance today - so did the clouds and several passing showers! Color around/near Killington is coming on very strong. The upper mountain is definitely near peak. The surrounding areas (route 4, route 100, 100A, River Road) have some excellent color - lots of bright reds, oranges, etc. Colton and Kent Ponds are not peak but very lovely. Some photos to show the color:

Plymouth - route 100A

ROUTE 100 - South of Ludlow

ANDOVER ROAD - Andover

KILLINGTON MOUNTAIN

KENT POND

deaner1971

Re: October 3rd color - Killington/Ludlow/Plymouth area

Postby deaner1971 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:40 am

Great shots and thank you for sharing!

How close would you say Killington was to peak? I wasn't sure if the images were a matter of you seeking out pockets of color or indicative of the entire landscape.

Progress is faster than I was expecting.

Thanks again!

mmvt

Re: October 3rd color - Killington/Ludlow/Plymouth area

Postby mmvt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 pm

the upper elevations (the mountain itself) is definitely at peak now. the rest of the area has some peak color with other areas approaching peak. I think it will look good here for at least another week - but I can tell more tomorrow when I see it in daylight! We left at 5:30 AM to go to the NEK and didn't return until well after dark.

Return to “Foliage Forum”