Jay area

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

PhotoOp

Jay area

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi, I'm current in Burke area, color is still spotty, brilliant reds in some areas, looks like it's still moving towards peak. I'm only here until Sunday morning. I was thinking about going to Jay tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has been in the Jay area recently. I heard the color is very good there.

Thank you,
Jack

Chuckeroo

Re: Jay area

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:22 am

I am currently in Montgomery area, very close to Jay. We went to Jay yesterday for a quick drive peep, color is not peak yet, but along the way we see some nice color. I have never seen peak foliage yet, so I have nothing to compare yet. But I think the color is so beautiful, no matter it is green mostly or yellow, despite of the gloomy weather, I still think the country road drive in Vermont mesmerizing.

Utah Baker

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 am

Chuckeroo, sounds like you're enjoying Vermont exactly as it should be! I couldn't agree more! ENJOY!!!!!!

PhotoOp

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 am

We never made it to Jay. We did the NEK loop on Saturday. Traveling back home through New Hampshire today.

We had some rain yesterday and rain in NH today as well. Don't have time unfortunately to drive the Kanc today.

I've seen brilliant reds in various areas, not nearly as much yellow as I would normally see this time of year.

This trip was more about spending time with my wife than photographing.

We enjoyed the sights!