Killington and surrounding area - colors are coming!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

mmvt

Killington and surrounding area - colors are coming!

Postby mmvt » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Really nice color continues to emerge in Killington and the surrounding areas. Some photos to share what things look like here:

Colton Pond (September 29th) - the sunset colors lasted about 3 minutes before fading to gray!

Lefferts Pond in Chittenden - today
- the lighting is VERY flat today but I was surprised with the amount of Color in the Chittenden area

ROUTE 73 GAP ROAD - today - Color is really coming on strong here in the higher elevation

abby

Re: Killington and surrounding area - colors are coming!

Postby abby » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Margy,
Excellent report. Thank you for the lovely photos. I'm happy to hear the colors in Chittenden are really coming along. That is probably the number one shot that I hope to get this Fall in VT. I have a few images of peak foliage at Lefferts Pond that I took a few years ago, but it was raining and the light was flat. I'm hoping for better conditions this year. It's also great to hear the colors in Killington are emerging nicely. They still look early but it's nice to see them coming along more than yesterday. I love your reports. Please keep them coming!
Carol

Return to “Foliage Forum”