Report of this week in the central NEK

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

From_the_NEK

Report of this week in the central NEK

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:10 am

The color has been showing itself in a steady advancement this week here in the central NEK (Lyndon/St Johnsbury area).

Higher elevations look to have a little more advanced color. Peak should arrive sometime next week.

Tuesday (St Johnsbury):
ImageFall 2016 5 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageFall 2016 4 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageFall 2016 3 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageFall 2016 2 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Wednesday (Barnet/Passumpsic):
ImageFall Reflection 2016 3 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageFall Reflection 2016 1 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Thursday (St Johnsbury/Lyndon):
ImageCentral NEK Early Fall by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageNorth Danville Early Fall by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

ImageBacklit Leaves 2 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Fallleafechidna

Re: Report of this week in the central NEK

Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 pm

I guess top spots in NEK, which mostly seem to be the earliest turning places up there, like Wheeler and such, will already have all the reds past peak by next tues/wed then? (since I see a few of the pond shots there already show the reds fairly strong on Wed, so not sure I can see that stuff last another week, usually once peak hits you have three days at best).

Does it seem like it's sharped up to be one of those utterly amazing years like a couple years ago like it was 2012?

Going back I see I got insane pics at the ponds/lakes up there Oct 2, 2012 and very good Oct 3. When we returned on way back through on the 5th it was all utterly past peak though (although peak in other regions). Hmm too bad it looks like this SUn and Mon will have the worst weather of all since maybe that will be the prime peak days.

From_the_NEK

Re: Report of this week in the central NEK

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Monday does look to be the rainy day of the next week. However, winds are forecast to be light. The bright reds will likely be peaking this weekend. However, with little wind they should stay on. As long as the rain isn't too heavy, it might actually keep the red leaves from drying out making Tuesday a perfect day.