Lincoln 9/29/16

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bm

Lincoln 9/29/16

Postby bm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:50 am

Had a little time to kill so I took a drive to Lincoln this morning. Colors is still way early.
I started out taking Route 116/Ireland Road/Meehan Road/Dan Sargent Road and then hopped on Quaker Street south into Lincoln village. It appeared that there was some early color on the back side of Mt. Abraham so I then decided to drive up to the height of land in Lincoln Gap. There was a little more color up there but it was still pretty early.
So...moral of the story if you are coming this weekend. Head as high in elevation as possible and hope for some nice cold nights!

abby

Re: Lincoln 9/29/16

Postby abby » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks for the report bm. Hoping for some cold nights followed up by sunny days!
Carol

deaner1971

Re: Lincoln 9/29/16

Postby deaner1971 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:00 am

Thank you! This gives me some hope for SoVT for the 9th.

If the colors do accelerate, would those of you who are up there early mind gluing (tape is fine too but, please use the clear kind you use for wrapping presents) the leaves back on for those of us who come late. If it makes it easier, just do the maples.

Thanks!

Return to “Foliage Forum”