Vermont foliage recommendations for Oct 13 to 16?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

tyro

Vermont foliage recommendations for Oct 13 to 16?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 pm

I am planning to visit Vermont between Oct 13 and 16. Sole purpose is to just enjoy foliage.
Please suggest me best places I should visit, where I could find best foliage around that time.

I have been to Stowe for a quick one day trip 3 years back once and went to Smugglers Notch and took gandola ride to hilltop as well.

Andy

Re: Vermont foliage recommendations for Oct 13 to 16?

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:07 am

I would echo Carol's recommendation. The Champlain Valley is probably going to be your best bet that late in the season. If things progress the way it looks, foliage could be largely down by that late in the month. But because of the tempering winds off Lake Champlain, that area lags behind a bit.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

tyro

Re: Vermont foliage recommendations for Oct 13 to 16?

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Andy, Abby,bm, Thanks for reply.

You guys think it will be almost over around Oct 15 in most of Vermont :? ?
I am planning for that date based on my previous experience. Last time when I visited Stowe 3 years back, it was Oct 16/17 and I think it was not peak even around that time.

Can you please provide some specifics/routes I should follow around champlain valley.
For Stowe I read, rt 100 is best btw.