Foliage Update

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Kerry29

Re: Foliage Update

Postby Kerry29 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 pm

For the first time since I arrived in New England (Sept. 25), I'm seeing signs that some areas have crested. First sign of this was in one area in Crawford Notch (NH) yesterday--lots of leaf drop on one trail. Saw it again today, first in Evans Notch (did the Roost Trail and there were tons of fresh red (and some yellow) leaves on the ground) and then in Pinkham Notch. I also saw some small pockets where the reds are beginning to dry up. I'd still say that these areas are at peak, but they won't be much longer. I can't imagine that they won't be clearly past peak by Monday at the latest.

abby

Postby abby » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:27 pm

Excellent report as always Kerry. I noticed some leaf drop today in some areas of the NEK as well. Not as significant as what you are reporting from those areas in NH, but probably a slow beginning to the end up here in the NEK
You've been a wonderful contributor here this season Kerry and it has been such a pleasure to get to know you. Wishing you continued success as you are beginning to enter your final days here in New England
Carol

harley0711

Postby harley0711 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:09 pm

Well, spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday driving north , south, east and west through VT and Loved everthing we saw. I want to thank all the posters here for all the help. As much as we loved VT, have to admit our drive through north on 10 and through 112 White Mountain Forest - With the Sunshine it was just beyond words. again, Thanks to everyone

Return to “Foliage Forum”