Updated 2015 Photo Gallery

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Re: Updated 2015 Photo Gallery

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Superb. Not just the color, but the compositions -- you have real talent as a photographer, though I think I say that to you every year. :)
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ixl

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Your photos have actually inspired me.

I've been really bummed about not having a chance to get out and do any real shooting yet. The color was late, my trip north got cancelled, I got busy with other things, I didn't know where the color would be, I don't have the flexibility I used to have.

You went up north and the color was late and you still got some amazing shots. Because you're a great photographer.

My last chance is next weekend, the 24th. Assuming the weather isn't awful, I am taking the Friday off, and I am taking that weekend going shooting *somewhere*. I don't know where it will be, but with a hard freeze two nights this weekend, *somewhere* has to have good color next weekend.

So unless it's going to pour nonstop (unlikely) or there really is nothing left anywhere... I am going to go out there and get something!

Thank you.

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ixl

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:44 am

You're very kind.

Perfectionism is my biggest enemy. If the color isn't just so, I don't want to go out. If the weather isn't good, I don't want to go out. And so I end up missing out on things. That is what is happening this year.

Having a FT job for the first time in 15 years is also a real adjustment. Before, I could have just dropped everything and gone wherever the good foliage reports were coming from. Now I cannot.

They are talking about a lot of wind this weekend. I hope by next weekend there will still be something left worth even photographing. I am trying to be optimistic. :)

Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread. Your photos are wonderful.

ixl

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 am

Thanks. I'm going to have to really research this if I am going to make it work. I drove around my area today and I don't think it will work for next weekend.

ixl

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Just not impressed with the color, and I am skeptical that enough will change in a few days to make it worthwhile.

The last two days knocked a lot of the already-turned leaves off.

I will update though as the week goes on.

ixl

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Well, as things would have it, I just found out I have to take 2 days off tomorrow to go to a funeral (nobody close but I still need to go). So that is that for my trip anyway.

Come on up, I am sure you will find something good.. you always do.

ixl

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Carol, I would not shlep up to the high elevations here tomorrow. It is all over, it's stick season up there. The cold snap over the weekend combined with wind knocked all the leaves off above the valleys.

If you're looking for color, I think you are in MA, I would look west in your state or CT or maybe the Hudson Valley.

I would love to meet with you but after spontaneously missing two days of work for this funeral, I am basically done with days off until the end of the year, and I'm super exhausted as well, we'll have to do it another time.

BTW I drove from Bennington to Buffalo, 350 miles, and I saw maybe one pocket of decent color on the whole trip. It's just been a lousy year in most places.

deaner1971

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 am

You are really nailing the night skies! I love that.

Great shots!