Some recent photos from the NEK

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

abby

Some recent photos from the NEK

Postby abby » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been posting any pictures. I just have not had the time. Here are a few images from the past few days. I still have to process all of the images I took while out shooting with Andy and Al. Hope to have them done in a few days. I have many more to process.

http://carolsmith.zenfolio.com/p154846842

Carol

ctyanky

Re: Some recent photos from the NEK

Postby ctyanky » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 pm

oh wow! these are beautiful!!!! Great job Carol and I can't wait to see the rest when you have more free time. I know the feeling. Takes awhile to catch up, plus you had a weekend right after the long VT vacation. I love the Hazens Notch shots. One of my favorite roads in Vermont.

CT

Utah Baker

Postby Utah Baker » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Lovely as always Carol. The Milkway shot is heavenly, (pun intended) :D I'm more than a little jealous

From_the_NEK

Postby From_the_NEK » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Great collection of photos Carol! That sugarhouse with the milky way is great. If that has a wood fired arch it would be a very cool location to get some night shots during sugaring season, but it is more likely oil or gas fired.

I too have to find time to process all of the photos I took these past several days. I took 300 pictures yesterday alone :lol: .

And a quick FYI, Duck Pond and Stiles Pond are both in Waterford. Although Stiles Pond is the main water reservoir for St Johnsbury.

From_the_NEK

Postby From_the_NEK » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 pm

And another quick note. Today's rain and wind was hard on the leaves that had turned. There was significant leaf drop today. However, there are still strong holds in some mid elevation areas and tree tunnels along roads.

autzig

Postby autzig » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Carol, you've made some nice shots and I really, really like your Milky Way photo. You learned well.

Like others here, I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Al

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Wow. Those photos could be winning awards.
Brandon

DCENebraska

Postby DCENebraska » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Any photos posted by Carol is certainly worth the time to view them. I have been reviewing her photos and comments for many years now. Since we have been unable to go to Vermont the past two years (health reasons), it really makes it worth it. Don

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:06 am

From_the_NEK wrote:Great collection of photos Carol! That sugarhouse with the milky way is great. If that has a wood fired arch it would be a very cool location to get some night shots during sugaring season, but it is more likely oil or gas fired.

I too have to find time to process all of the photos I took these past several days. I took 300 pictures yesterday alone :lol: .

And a quick FYI, Duck Pond and Stiles Pond are both in Waterford. Although Stiles Pond is the main water reservoir for St Johnsbury.

Thanks for the clarification NEK. I will update my website with the correct info. I appreciate it. Yes, the sugarhouse is NOT wood fired. :| I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:08 am

From_the_NEK wrote:And another quick note. Today's rain and wind was hard on the leaves that had turned. There was significant leaf drop today. However, there are still strong holds in some mid elevation areas and tree tunnels along roads.

Thanks for the update. Sigh. This season is so fleeting and just too short. :?
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:10 am

autzig wrote:Carol, you've made some nice shots and I really, really like your Milky Way photo. You learned well.

Like others here, I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Al

Thank you Al. I have learned from the best. :D
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:10 am

Brandon wrote:Wow. Those photos could be winning awards.

Thank you very much Brandon.
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:14 am

DCENebraska wrote:Any photos posted by Carol is certainly worth the time to view them. I have been reviewing her photos and comments for many years now. Since we have been unable to go to Vermont the past two years (health reasons), it really makes it worth it. Don

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for such kind comments Don. I'm so sorry that health reasons have prevented you and yours from making the trip to VT the past few years. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Utah Baker wrote:Lovely as always Carol. The Milkway shot is heavenly, (pun intended) :D I'm more than a little jealous

Hi Janice!!!! Thank you. I appreciate it.
Carol

Return to “Foliage Forum”