Great foliage in many places - lots of photos!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

mmvt

Great foliage in many places - lots of photos!

Postby mmvt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Today, we traveled up route 100, over Lincoln Gap Road, around Lincoln and Starksboro, back over route 17, down 100, up to Blueberry Lake and back home to Killington. We saw excellent color ALL DAY LONG!! The foliage gets better each day with bright reds, oranges, maroon, yellow, etc. Some photos from various places to enjoy!!
Lincoln Gap Road

Route 17

Hills above Warren
Blueberry Lake
ImageImage

The remaining photos are taken at a stunning home in Lincoln! I stumbled across this place last year and realized i was on private property. I took a few photos from the roadside and then left but contacted the owner to share the photos. We became email friends as they loved the photos I had taken. They invited us to return and "wander around". We met them today and they were the most gracious and wonderful people who invited us into their home and gave us free access to the entire property. The husband took me into the woods to show me the sugar shack he rebuilt!! I have seen many beautiful and stunning properties in VT and none as amazing as this place. The photos below do not include the owners home but give a sense of the incredible views of this amazing place!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Great foliage in many places - lots of photos!

Postby ctyanky » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:45 am

mmvt: You have hit the JACKPOT OF FOLIAGE! I'm so excited for you! I can feel your thrill through your narratives but most of all through your photos! :D :D :D

You have a few more days left and can't wait to see more posts as always. CT

Utah Baker

Postby Utah Baker » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:13 am

Wow! We did Lincoln Gap yesterday as well, then went from Lincoln to Ripton, great drive.

autzig

Postby autzig » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 am

Margy, I'm filled with envy. Thanks for sharing.

Al

bvahjen

Postby bvahjen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Nice work mmvt!

Return to “Foliage Forum”