Bristol-Brandon Gap-Killington-Waitsfield-App Gap-Bristol Loop 10/2/15

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MinnieB

Re: Bristol-Brandon Gap-Killington-Waitsfield-App Gap-Bristol Loop 10/2/15

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Today, I took 100 up from Killington to Waitsfield and there was lots of nice color along the way. Probably 60% turned or so. Tried Bragg Hill Rd and Common Rd in Waitsfield, but both were still pretty green. Not much color to be seen from the Sugarbush resort, either, too early still. Roxbury Mountain Rd had some really nice color. There was some color along the Lincoln Gap Road, which I took going east to west. Looped back to 100 via Rt. 17 and most of the trees were brown. It has been dry here and I've been seeing this a lot this fall. Trees just turning brown and not turning color. Montpelier was terrible, same issue, mostly brown leaves. Woodstock, too. I thought Killington looked pretty good, though. There was some nice color and still some green to turn yet. Kent Pond and Colton Pond are coming along nicely. Not a lot of color in Quechee yet. The gorge is still pretty green. What wasn't green looked brown. That is mostly going along Rt. 4.

Rockwall Tim

Re: Bristol-Brandon Gap-Killington-Waitsfield-App Gap-Bristol Loop 10/2/15

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 am

Thank you so much for the thorough report!
II Cor. 4:17