Colors Coming on faster in the Mad River Valley

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Colors Coming on faster in the Mad River Valley

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi everyone: Hillsides in Waitsfield coming on strong just overnight. It seems like the change was more significant overnight, perhaps in part, due to the overcast skies today with no harsh sun to bleach out what was there. I sensed some excitement in speaking with some store owners! I would think it would be moderate by the weekend here. It is really nice out with on and off overcast skies, warm and breezy, kind of humid.

Like I said before, give Mother Nature a chance to catch up! Would hope the NEK will be in high color (maybe not peak) very end of the week, weekend. Will wait for Tim NEK to post his awesome shots! He's on top of it! :D

Can't wait for Al to arrive in a few hours from MN!!! 8)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot