Woodstock/Pomfret/Quechee

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

minnesotaman

Re: Woodstock/Pomfret/Quechee

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Depending on conditions, I plan to be in the Whites, around Stark, NH, or in the NEK, on the 1st and 2nd. I generally get back to Woodstock by 6 every day. I would be happy to join you guys for dinner on either day. Unfortunately my wife will not arrive until later in the month, when the color comes south. She thinks six or more hours a day in the car all the way to Canada and back is lunacy, especially when I start before the sun is up.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:59 am

Minn: great, we are usually done by 6 as well. One of the days we are hiking Mt Tom summit in the morning and then cruising around some of the back roads in the area. We'll be in touch probably the night before. If you have a better place for dinner, casual and local works best. The Worthy Kitchen just outside of Taftsville might be an option. Woodstock will be insane. Any places in Quechee would do as well. My inn is in Taftsville.... bm is staying nearby as well. Would be fun to get together after so many years on the forum!

minnesotaman

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:29 am

ct/bm
great to see you guys.
if you are looking for lunch today try the creamery, in town. it may be overwhelmed, however, if it is raining--the tourist buses dump people out at the green and they end up standing in line to eat.
if the line there is too long the next best option is the woodstock farmer's market just west of town on rte 4. they have very good sandwiches and soup for take out (no place to eat inside), cookies, cake etc. they also have a lot of local produce, including a wide selection of local apples.