Wow! Watched the Super Blood Harvest Moon rise over the mountain!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wow! Watched the Super Blood Harvest Moon rise over the mountain!

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:46 pm

OMG what a sight to behold! I waited patiently on the porch keeping my eyes peeled over the Common Road mountain area before 7:00. All of a sudden, coyotes in the distance started up that squealing/howling chatter! Minutes later, the slice of the moon started rising over the mountain and grew bigger and bigger! Just amazing! I love seeing the Harvest Moon in my sweet, sweet Vermont. So happy and it feels so special to witness it here. What a perfect ending to the day! Not sure I'll be up for the eclipse so hope you all enjoy this great phenomena. The next eclipse is not till 2033.

Phil and I are off to New Hampshire (gasp) tomorrow! Had a great day with the boys up in the NEK today and in Newport, Derby and Morgan, etc. and a nice lunch at Miss Lyndonville Diner. I hope Phil and Tim can chime in regarding the color and our scenario. I'm beat! :shock:

HOWL HOWL HOWL from Vermont!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

minnesotaman

Re: Wow! Watched the Super Blood Harvest Moon rise over the mountain!

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:02 pm

I was in NH today, 112 through Beaver Pond, the Kanc, and the Sugar HIll area. It was all quite green, even higher elevations on the Kanc. I usually head to these areas while I wait for color to arrive in VT. Most years the color is high in these areas by Sept 29. I would say it is seven to ten days late this year. I will be interested to hear what you find. This photo is from the Sugar Hill area today. I have photos from prior years in which the hills behind those structures are on fire by this date.
Attachments
sugar hill area sept 27 2015.jpg
sugar hill area sept 27 2015.jpg (64.9 KiB) Viewed 6724 times

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks Minn! I deleted the post I made asking you just what you wrote here. :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Our second foliage movie of the 2015 season...
https://vimeo.com/140606501

We found some color in Norton (September 27th). It was another gorgeous sunny day. Not a cloud in the sky. From our foliage team reckoning, we estimate the high color in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is about a week away and peak about 10 days from now. If you are planning a trip to central Vermont or southern Vermont, add a few more days to this estimate.

Andy

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Cloudy here in mid-MI. No blood moon. No harvest moon. Glad you saw one!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Nice video Tim! It was fun today! Glad you joined us! Andy, the moon will still be full tomorrow so maybe your MI clouds will move on.

mmvt just emailed me from Killington and said she was out shooting the supermoon! Hopefully, she'll post some photos on the forum.