Waitsfield Farmer's Market and the Bristol Harvest Festival today 9/26

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Waitsfield Farmer's Market and the Bristol Harvest Festival today 9/26

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:09 pm

ok, well I sure did have a full day! I even included two festivals on top of all my travels! This is the only day I had to myself out of the eleven I'm up here and boy did I enjoy myself! I was a bit apprehensive driving over down the App Gap after the overlook but I wanted to make sure that bm didn't call me a woos anymore! :mrgreen: It was not as bad as I thought it would be, just went slowly! Thank goodness no VT cars were behind me! :wink:

The Bristol Harvest Festival was fantastic! What a nice small foliage festival on the green and such a nice community! I bought a few crafts, ate teriyaki chicken on a stick from Mr. BBQ and just had a sweet ol' time wandering around visiting and talking to the vendors. I continued on for quite awhile on 116 until I found route 125 east and then headed up the mountain.

This morning I hit the Waitsfield Farmer's Market when they opened and enjoyed this so much. The band was great and I got some artesian bread to munch on this evening. The vegetables from the local farms were amazing! I may have to stop there early next Saturday and stock up before my trip home. There are meats and flowers and all kinds of crafts. Lots of folks milling about with their dogs. What a super farmer's market this is and I think it continues until mid-October. Hope you can stop by for their enticing food booths but I had just had breakfast at the inn and was quite full!

http://waitsfieldfarmersmarket.com/
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot