I'm in my HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

I'm in my HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Greetings from the "GREEN" Mountain State! I'm soooooooooo happy to be here! Gorgeous weather abounds and it is like summer here. I'm in the Mad River Valley and yes, it's pretty green with slight color emerging over the Common Road area. Two years ago it was almost ablaze. I think a couple more cool nights will make a difference.

Nonetheless, the drive up was beautiful. The views in Barre never cease to amaze me. I was so happy driving up to the border, singing in the car, greatly anticipating my welcome sign, and missed it! I just love that Welcome to Vermont sign! :oops: Oh well, I'm here in my beautiful inn!

Spent the afternoon with bm one of our other VTer moderators on this forum. We ate at the Mad Taco. YUM! And shopped. :P

Tomorrow we are off to another shopping excursion to Stowe and Cold Hollow Cider Mill and then to the Stowe toll road. I've taken the gondola up but never drove. Well, bm is actually driving. :lol:

Saturday, I'm off to the Waitsfield Farmer's Market, the Mad River Glen single chair lift ride, and the Bristol Harvest Festival that bm and I missed last year. So a busy schedule has begun!

Not much leaf peeping here yet so guess we'll drive around and get the shopping addiction out of our systems and support the tourism economy!

Just a side note, intermittent road construction on 91 and 89 adds some time to the trip. One lane but not for long periods.

The weather is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! :)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: I'm in my HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:29 am

Carol: are you on your way to Barton now with the photography club? Send bm an email if you get a chance after lunch time hour. We are going to be in Stowe most of the afternoon. Have fun and I'll try not to spend too much! :twisted:

pwt54

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:46 am

I'm heading up to the NEK to check the foliage today. Might check northern NH also.
Are we still on for Sunday? :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 am

Hi Phil!!!!!!!!!! Yes, pick me up at 9:30 on Sunday! Where are we going? NH? NEK? Stannard Mtn Road, Sutton? I may need to see some foliage at this point! :lol: And I know you won't let me shop! Unless we stop at the store in Greensboro Bend! Do you want to stop at Polly's Pancakes if we do NH?

I'm busy 24/7 today with bm and tomorrow so just let me know about the pickup time!

ixl

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:12 pm

CT, your happiness is infectious. Have a great time!
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Thanks Charles! I'm having the time of my life! Head up here and enjoy with all of us! :D