Super Blood Moon Eclipse/Harvest Moon Sept 27 and 28 - what an event! Where will you be to witness?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Super Blood Moon Eclipse/Harvest Moon Sept 27 and 28 - what an event! Where will you be to witness?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:11 pm

http://earthsky.org/?p=51212

There is a total eclipse of the moon on the night of September 27-28, 2015. It happens to be the closest supermoon of 2015. It’s the Northern Hemisphere’s Harvest Moon, or full moon nearest the September equinox.

Just an addendum to my full harvest moon post awhile back! :mrgreen:

The following will be answered in the link above to learn more about the 2015 Harvest Moon and the September 27-28 total lunar eclipse.

When is the September 2015 moon exactly full?

Who will see the September 27-28 total lunar eclipse?

Who will see the partial lunar eclipse?

Eclipse times in Universal Time.

Eclipse times for North American time zones.

Lunar eclipse computer courtesy of the US Naval Observatory

Eclipse calculator courtesy of TimeandDate

How is the Harvest Moon different from other full moons?

kcflanders

Re: Super Blood Moon Eclipse/Harvest Moon Sept 27 and 28 - what an event! Where will you be to witness?

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 am

Thank you.
The moon should be low enough on the horizon of the West coast to possibly get some structure in the shot. On the East coast it's going to be very high in the sky. I can imagine a shot of the harvest moon with church steeple in the foreground taken with a long lens from about a mile away would be absolutely stunning.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Super Blood Moon Eclipse/Harvest Moon Sept 27 and 28 - what an event! Where will you be to witness?

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:12 am

Hi KC: I'm really looking forward to this and keeping my fingers crossed it is a clear night! :D