motorcycle trips in vt

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

tericuff

motorcycle trips in vt

Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:11 pm

I am looking for some tips on motorcyle days trips thru VT. We have done some trips in VT this summer and are looking for some tips for the fall. We live in NY and usually come over from Alburg, VT or across from Crown Point Bridge. Any suggestions.
teri

pwt54

Re: motorcycle trips in vt

Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:46 am

I had to pull out my atlas to check some road names. You probably know a lot of northern routes, however I will mentio route 12 from Morrisville to Hartland, route 14 from Coventry to White River Jct. and for a paved secondary road ride; take the Peacham road in Danville. It's on the right by a flashing yellow light. Take that south to route US 302 in Groton. Turn right and go about 1/4 mile and look for the Powdersprings Road on the left near a church. Take that to the end on route 25. Other good roads you can take are route 110 south from Barre to route 14 east and turn left. Take route 14 east to route 132 in Sharon. Take route 132 to route US 5 north. Turn left and take route US 5 north to route 113 west back to route 110 in Chelsea. Farther south I would do route 30 from Middlebury to Brattleboro. I did this with a motorcycle many years ago and liked it. Most of the roads down south are good rides with just enough curves to keep you awake, but 2 stand out. Route 131 from Ludlow to route 106 is one. The other is the Skyline Drive to the top of Mt. Equinox in Manchester. It's paved all the way to the top. The road is about the same as route 17 between Bristol and Waitsfield through the Appalalchian Gap.