Another great NEK fall fest 9/19: "Colors of the Kingdom Autumn Festival 2015"!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Another great NEK fall fest 9/19: "Colors of the Kingdom Autumn Festival 2015"!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Wish I could attend! Look at all the great events going on in St. Johnsbury! A week too early for me..... has anyone ever gone? I would LOVE the train ride!!!!!!
********************************************************************************************************************
Colors of the Kingdom Autumn Festival 2015

Date: Saturday, September 19, 2015
Time: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm

Events being held all day in Downtown St. Johnsbury, including Train Rides! And, most events are FREE!!

ALL-DAY EVENTS & ACTIVITIES FOR ALL AGES - More to Come!

Located along Railroad Street, Eastern Avenue and Main Street. Visit our cultural attractions, local shops and historical gems to take part in the many special events our community has put together!

8 am-Noon ..... ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT PANCAKE BREAKFAST, St. Johnsbury House, 1207 Main St. To benefit the St. J. Meals on Wheels Program. By donation. (Breakfast: Ham, scrambled eggs, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont pancakes and syrup & beverage)
9 am-2 pm ..... CALEDONIA COUNTY FARMERS’ MARKET, with Live Musical Performances, Pearl Street, behind TD Bank.
9:30 am ..... TRAIN RIDE, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center. Round trip to Ryegate, 1 ½ hours. Please follow signs for parking. $13, $7 (12 & under).
10 am .... PARADE, "100 Years of Maple," Main St./Eastern Ave./Railroad St.
10 am-all sold ..... PIE SALE, St. Johnsbury Athenaeum Lawn, to benefit Friends of the Athenaeum.
10 am-all sold ..... FIREHOUSE CHILI COOK-OFF, Chili made by local Firefighters.
10 am-3 pm ..... BOOK SALE, Second Hand Prose, to benefit Friends of the Athenaeum.
10 am-3:30 pm ..... COLORS OF THE KINGDOM ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL, with SHOEBOX RAFFLE & COOKIE WALK, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center. Hand-made crafts, artwork, flea market, goodies and food vendors.
10 am-3:30 pm ..... CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center.

10 am-3:30 pm ..... ST. JOHNSBURY ART WALK, Railroad Street. Local artists’ displays, musical performances, artisan demonstrations and engaging activities for all to take part in.
11:30 am ..... TRAIN RIDE, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center. Round trip to Ryegate, 1 ½ hours. Please follow signs for parking. $13, $7 (12 & under).
12:30 pm ..... PLANETARIUM SHOW, Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium, FREE.
1:30 pm ..... TRAIN RIDE, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center. Round trip to Ryegate, 1 ½ hours. Please follow signs for parking. $13, $7 (12 & under).
3:30 pm ..... TRAIN RIDE, St. Johnsbury Welcome Center. Round trip to Ryegate, 1 ½ hours. Please follow signs for parking. $13, $7 (12 & under).
3:30 pm ..... PLANETARIUM SHOW, Fairbanks Museum, FREE.

MAIN LOCATIONS WITH ONGOING EVENTS
9 am-5 pm: ST. JOHNSBURY WELCOME CENTER OPERATING HOURS, 51 Depot Square. Volunteer on duty. Train Rides, Food, Arts & Crafts Fair, Flea Market, Shoe Box Raffle, Cookie Walk, Children’s Activities and more located in and around the center and adjacent park.

9 am-5 pm: FAIRBANKS MUSEUM OPERATING HOURS, 1302 Main St. FREE Admission All Day. Dinosaur Discovery Exhibit on Display. FREE Planetarium Shows.

10 am-3 pm: ST. JOHNSBURY ATHENAEUM OPERATING HOURS, 1171 Main St. Docent on hand to offer tours of gallery and athenaeum. FREE.

10 am-3:30 pm: ST. JOHNSBURY ART WALK, Railroad Street and Eastern Avenue. Local artists’ displays, musical performances, artisan demonstrations and engaging activities for all to take part in!

11 am-9 pm: CATAMOUNT FILM & ARTS OPERATING HOURS, 107 &115 Eastern Ave, including Outback Artspace and Octagon Porch. Come-and-go art classes, live music. FREE.

Varied Times: SPECIALTY SHOPS, RESTAURANTS & BUSINESSES, Throughout St. Johnsbury & the region. Stop in to our wonderful establishments to see the treasures they have to offer!

**(All times and events subject to change. Please check back closer to event.)

FREE PARKING is available on street and in large lot in downtown district, between Railroad & Pearl Streets. Follow signs. Please use this parking if you plan to take train rides! Parking areas will be prominently marked.
*Only Handicap Parking is available at the Railroad Station.

TRAIN RIDES!!!!!
Trains run, round trip, from the St. Johnsbury Welcome Center at 9:30, 11:30, 1:30 and 3:30. Each ride lasts about 1 ½ hours and will highlight the history of the railroad in the area. Cost is $13 Adults, $7 for Kids 12 and under. Bring your binoculars! Tickets may be purchased ahead, until midnight before the event, at http://www.catamountarts.org. Tickets will also be sold the day of the event at the St. Johnsbury Welcome Center.
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

deaner1971

Re: Another great NEK fall fest 9/19: "Colors of the Kingdom Autumn Festival 2015"!

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 am

That sounds great. Thank you for sharing this.

My wife broached the subject of a second home in Vermont recently. When I see things like this, it makes me wish that it could be the primary residence. I grew up in a rural area and always have kept an idealized memory of small town America. I think Vermont is the one place (there are probably others but, not in my personal experience) where the reality would not pale in comparison to the memory.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Another great NEK fall fest 9/19: "Colors of the Kingdom Autumn Festival 2015"!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:33 pm

I am trying to maintain an up to date list of foliage events and festivals on foliage-vermont.com

http://www.foliage-vermont.com/fall_festivals.htm

If you see any errors or omissions, please let me know!