"UPDATE" Celebration and Dedication of the brand new Brookfield Floating Bridge 5/23 & 5/24

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

"UPDATE" Celebration and Dedication of the brand new Brookfield Floating Bridge 5/23 & 5/24

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:03 pm

http://www.brookfieldvt.org/event/float ... nce_id=803

Hi everyone: for those of you who have visited the floating bridge in the past and took many cool photos of the old one, here is your chance to see the new and beautiful bridge in the quaint town of Brookfield, Vermont! 8)

Sounds like a great weekend full of fun times both days! I've been there with forum members bm and Carol (Abby) and I think Phil too, and thought it was just a great Vermont icon.

The weekend will include: a Saturday 5/23 afternoon bridge opening ceremony, as well morning and afternoon presentations, exhibits and performances and an evening event at the Old Town Hall and continuing activities for Sunday 5/24.

Check out their facebook page in the article for updates as well as the flyer, you can click on both links. Enjoy! :)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Aspen

Re: Celebration and Dedication of the brand new Brookfield Floating Bridge 5/23 & 5/24

Mon May 11, 2015 2:16 am

What exciting news, CT. The Brookfield Floating Bridge was the very first floating bridge on barrels which we ever got to experience when visiting Vermont several past Autumns. My heart was racing the first time I walked across it. Was rather reluctant to venture over it in our car until a fire truck drove across ahead of us. Will never forget the thrill we experienced. Curious as to how the new bridge will float? Will it still be floating on barrels like the original bridge?
For those who may get to attend the Celebration and Dedication of the new Brookfield Floating Bridge or be able to take pictures whenever in Brookfield, please post stories and pictures! Look forward to reports and pictures. Agree with CT and Carol, the Brookfield Floating Bridge is a very unique and special Vermont icon. When in Brookfield, it's "a must see" and a most unusual walk or driving experience.
Welcome back in service Brookfield Floating Bridge!
Thanks CT for sharing this wonderful news!

Aspen

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Celebration and Dedication of the brand new Brookfield Floating Bridge 5/23 & 5/24

Wed May 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Aspen! You're welcome! Glad to see you back here on the forum. I'm trying to convince my friend to take me to the celebration but it is quite a long haul for a day trip. I may plead and plead my case that I absolutely have to experience all these fun events for the bridge opening so we'll see how the weather pans out up there.

Nonetheless, I hope someone can get there and report back! :wink:

Aspen

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks Ctyanky for posting the link of the Celebration and Dedication of the new Brookfield Floating Bridge. Your sharing this link provided many, who were unable to attend the event, the opportunity to view pictures and videos of the new Brookfield Floating Bridge. The new Brookfield Floating Bridge is beautiful. So happy that Vermont succeeded in preserving this special, historical icon!
Curious, would someone be able to answer this inquiry: when vehicles drive over the new Brookfield Floating Bridge, does water flow onto the bridge from Sunset Pond like it did on the Old Brookfield Floating Bridge? Driving through water on the Old Floating bridge; with it splashing under our car was quite an unusual experience. Never knew if it's typical of floating bridges to have water on them or was that past experience associated with "What you don't know, won't hurt you"? I would like to know. Always, room to learn more.
Congratulations Vermont! Your new Brookfield Floating Bridge is a wonderful tourist attraction!

Aspen

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Aspen: I am taking Carol (abby) and Al to the new Brookfield floating bridge during the first week in October. Maybe we'll drive across too, it's up to whomever is driving. We're spending some time in the area after a long loop through Chelsea and Strafford and back up through Royalton up to Brookfield. I want to experience the new bridge and we'll take some photos and hopefully answer your questions! Thanks for the response! CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: "UPDATE" Celebration and Dedication of the brand new Brookfield Floating Bridge 5/23 & 5/24

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:32 am

Hi all: we are stopping here at the end of one of our group excursions to see the new floating bridge and these photos and video are truly amazing! I hope you get to stop by and see it for yourselves. The video is also a history of the bridge in two parts so keep watching after part I. What a Vermont icon! I can't wait to go across the new bridge! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7bOpiov54

http://photo.ourherald.com/floatingbridge2015