One, if not the best, Foliage Seasons!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

courtmel

One, if not the best, Foliage Seasons!

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 am

Hi All,

The beauty of our favorite, fleeting season has left me breathless. The colors fill my heart with joy and wonderment but at the same time sadness as I believe this year was one for the books and who knows when we will have a perfect season like this again. We had perfect conditions leading into an awesome foliage season. Why does autumn goes by in the blink of an eye? We did get a chance to visit Stowe for 2 days which, unfortunately, has been our shortest Vermont excursion in years. Due to projects at the State of CT I couldn't take much time off. We stayed at the Green Mountain Inn and loved it. Happy we decided to move our base camp after many years in Mendon//Killington area.

I am very curious how everyone rates this beautiful year! It seems to me that it came early and hung around for a long while. The colors were so brilliant, the days perfection. I savor all of your pictures and wish I had the eye of an artist to be half as good as the photographers that post on this fabulous forum. Now, and this is the truth, I will wait for a beautiful snowfall. After living in Florida, aka God's waiting room, for 8 long years I promised everyone and myself I will never complain about snow or cold. When you live in a place where every day is the same you learn to treasure change. I am a New Englander through and through.

My area of CT is still beautiful but alot of leaves have dropped after the heavy rain we had the other night. Today I will enjoy my grandsons championship football game and tomorrow start the task of cutting down my perennials and cleaning up the yard. :) :D

autumn leaf
autumn leaf

wentworth

Re: One, if not the best, Foliage Seasons!

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 am

Agree--2014 was absolutely beautiful, just as great as 2012 was--Countless Red trees along Rt 114 in NEK up to Island Pond and Beyond, and also Killington was beautiful and great, and also Rt 232, Superb!--We even saw beautiful color on Rt 100, unlike many other years--I think 2012 and 2014 were two of the best years this century--2009 and 2010 were good too--2011 was a washout because of Hurricane Irene disaster(may that never happen again)--What will happen this year? I'm optimistic--