Off the beaten path

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

fallguy

Off the beaten path

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

One of my winter projects was to read past postings to Scenes of Vermont paying particular attention to those side roads recommended by others. I would highlight those drives in my Jimapco and during the fall find them when I was in the area to gauge for myself their photo opportunities. On Oct. 13 I was returning from a tour of the Champlain Valley following route 4 through Rutland toward White River Junction. I noticed that I had Goldcoast Rd and North Bridgewater Rd highlighted. Even though it was getting late in the afternoon, I decided to follow each one and take some test shots while I was passing through Bridgewater.
GoldcoastRd.jpg
GoldcoastRd.jpg (107.32 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
NBridgewaterRd.jpg
NBridgewaterRd.jpg (93.24 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
It was a nice way to end the day and I owe a "thank you" to the individual who took the time to post this recommendation. I second the recommendation and I will return in 2015.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Off the beaten path

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 am

Fallguy: Still looks so beautiful up there. Bridgewater is indeed gorgeous. I'm glad you found so many side roads to explore from this forum. I've done the same with my Jimapco and it also has a lot of sticky notes attached! :D