My driving on 10-11 Oct

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

jcmaxwell37

My driving on 10-11 Oct

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:40 am

Dear all,
After visiting Boston for a while, my motel doesn't has WiFi connection so I offlined for a few days.

From North Adam, I paid a visit to mt. Greylock as CT recommended me and no disappointment. I actually enjoy the view but not from the summit. The summit view point has a lot of obstacle and many look out just before reaching it are fantastic! Then I took a Mohawk trail, most of them are yellow. I plan to just drive through at shelburne falls but I made a loong stop for this little charming town. Bridge of the flower and the restaurant are goods. Definitely worth a stop! and of course after resumed the trial I stop at Guard Sugarhouse, I didn't try their pancake but their ice cream is great and at amazing price of 25c !

Finally I took route 2 to Boston and relax with friends.... and I am again head out of town to Upstate NY for work. this time I took MassPike and the roadside foliage is amazingly more than I expected. I took a rt 20 from Sturbridge to Palme as a short detour, the route is fantastic, the leaves at it peak, many red and brimfield lake is a very good spot for photography. I enjoyed the view along Masspike even after passed into NY.

After reach home I will upload and share my amateur photo with you :)

Have a nice days!
JC

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: My driving on 10-11 Oct

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:53 pm

YAY JC! I was waiting to hear all about your final trip to Bahston!!!! I'm glad you got to the top of Mt. Greylock. Yes, the ride up is amazing! I liked walking around the summit myself on the small trails. Did you get to the lodge? The views out the windows are nice too. I am happy you made it to Gould's Sugarhouse and at least got some ice cream. Shelburne Falls is the best! In summer, the Bridge of Flowers is magnificent! That's great you stopped there off route 2! Did you like the hairpin turn on the Mohawk Trail????

Did your friend get to try the Heady Topper beer you bought or did you guzzle it down before you arrived there? :mrgreen:

Looking forward to your photos when you get home. Have fun working after your long vacation and have a safe trip back! It was really fun reading your posts - maybe you will come back to Vermont again soon. :)