Our Trip

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

kcflanders

Our Trip

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:35 am

Sorry I wasn't able to post many reports during our trip. Seemed we could hardly stop for a minute to catch our breath. So much to see and experience. My son and I united with family we barely know and learned of our heritage going back to times before the revolution. How lucky they are to live in such a wonderful place as Vermont.
I wanted to share the many photos we took during our 9 day trip. I'll be adding more as I get time to review and edit them. I'll also add the descriptions, locations and dates as I get time. I leave for another trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway this week.

http://colorsofvermont.weebly.com/index.html

Many thanks to the people of this forum for helping us to plan this trip.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Our Trip

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I love how this has been set up with the links to all the photos on the beautiful header! The pictures are super nice and I enjoyed the boys' shot on the rainy day. Looks like it was a totally fulfilling trip. You certainly covered a lot of ground! Wow! Was that quarry in Danby? It looks like the one Phil took bm and I to a couple years back.

Glad you got to Strafford. Nice shot there. I like the Peacham graveyard overlooking the hillside. That's where I want my ashes strewn about! :P

There was one link, I think the one with Stannard that was empty or maybe it was my computer?

I'm happy for you that you had such a wonderful time! Come back next year! :wink:

autzig

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

KC, you do have some very nice photos. A couple of the links are broken so we can't see everything but I would very much like to.

Al

kcflanders

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 am

A couple days (2,3,4) are not filled in yet. The files are on my computer now, I'll upload them as soon as I get a chance.

Aspen

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Beautiful website album of your Autumn travels in Vermont. The pictures convey such enjoyable drives.
Your pictures will bring back many fond memories for many who have been down those well traveled roads and beckon many others to travel them, too. Was elated with your sharing the awesome updated picture of the restored, red Taftsville Covered Bridge in Quechee which had been devastanated by the affects of the 2011 Irene Hurricane which passed up the East Coast. Also,found it encouraging from the point of view of the picture of the Simon Pearce Restaurant and the waterfalls, below the restaurant, of the Ottauquechee River, you may have been photographing this area from the Covered Bridge facing the Falls that also had been badly damaged. Loved many of Vermont's Famous Photo scenes you captured and how you took them from different angles; especially Jenn Farm, the Sugar Shack in Reading and Sleepy Hollow. Usually see classic pictures of those areas and some of your angles had a new perspective. The late photographer, Arnorld Kaplan, who introduced many of those beautiful hidden scenes for the public to find and enjoy, would certainly be delighted with your pictures. Thanks KC for sharing your beautiful Vermont album.

Aspen

From_the_NEK

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Nice, you found the Hubbard Hill barn in Lyndon.