Friendships

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Friendships

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Oh Carol, wow, that is so special. I am truly humbled by this, and you have brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much for finding this special photo just for me. Horses and foliage in Vermont! It doesn't get any better than that! :D

You and I have spent a lot of time together in Vermont, which has forged our friendship even more. Thank you my friend, from the bottom of my heart. You made my day. :wink:

Your foliage sistah, CT 8)

autzig

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:40 am

Carol, the 2015 reunion is on my calendar. I plan to be there. CT will find a way to be there too. Andy told me he plans to be there too. I'm looking forward to seeing all of my Forum friends and meeting some new ones.

For anyone who is interested, I'll do a night sky workshop.

Al

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:51 pm

ummm Al. I have a question. How late do you have to stay up for this night time workshop? Just sayin'...... :mrgreen:

autzig

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm

CT: The sky will be dark enough two hours after sunset. Sunset in Burlington tonight is at 6:14 PM. The sky will be good by 8:15. That shouldn't be too late for you.

Al

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 pm

I may have to pitch a tent or sleep in my car if this is too far from my cozy inn with fireplace and down comforter, etc. Maybe I'll sleep at Carol's Barton B&B. :roll:

autzig

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 pm

mmvt wrote:A night workshop with the Master would be awesome!! Looking forward to it.
Thank you for the compliment but I'm no master; just a guy who loves helping others capture the beauty of God's creation.

Al

ixl

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:52 am

Very sweet, Carol. :)

I've been a fan of night photography for over 10 years now and would love to participate as well. The 2015 get-together is already planned? When/where?

This has turned out to be my second consecutive year not being able to make a trip at all :( so I really do plan to go "somewhere" next year.. hopefully I can arrange to be where the rest of you are at the right time.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Carol is in charge of the 2015 reunion (not sure she knows that yet :lol: ). I really do hope you can come to the rendezvous!

I'm not sure I'll make the night time workshop. I'll leave that to the photography fanatics. :roll: Past my bedtime and I don't drive the VT roads at night AT ALL. One time Al was driving Phil and I back from somewhere, who the heck knows, he was driving like it was daylight (sorry Al, I never told you that) and I had my eyes closed in the back seat for most of the way. I think we were coming back from dinner in Morrisville. I was afraid we were going to hit a moose.

I usually get back to the inn before dusk unless someone else is driving! :oops: (Hint Hint).

Utah Baker

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Can't thank you all enough for the wonderful posts and especially the fantastic photos posted by old and new members! So glad you all had such a grand time and success in finding the beauty of autumn in Vermont. This has only been the second time since '97', that we've missed coming, so really hoping we can make the reunion. CT, we may have to assign some nighttime drivers for Al's workshop, as do to some eye surgery, I no longer drive at night either. (I'll volunteer my hubby! :shock: ). Looking forward to it, and Al, Il won' t forget your cookies! :D

Enjoying the beauty of autumn in the San Juan mtns. of Colorado, if I get some good shots worth sharing I'll post on the photo forum . Happy Trails to all, Janice

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:28 am

HI Janice! I'm excited about finally meeting you and your husband! As we get closer to the dates as winter progresses, I would be curious as to where everyone's central location will be so I can plan my inn stays accordingly. I was going to stay put in Woodstock area but now may split my time between that area and central VT so I am closer to everyone. Enjoy the rest of your awesome autumn out there and as always, your photos are wonderful to view. Thanks for volunteering your hubby so I don't have to camp out somewhere in the wilds! :lol:

ixl

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks Carol.

Next year I am hoping to go very early, possibly well up into Quebec, assuming a normal season... if I don't go out west (which I've always wanted to do and the timing might work next year). I may well be in the area then and will try to meet up. :)
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Gosh! It was really funny reading this thread started a year ago by Carol (abby). The reunion has come to fruition and Al's workshop is happening! And I found a way to get back to Vermont! Reading this post and what we have written seems like yesterday, how time does fly by.

And our friendships stay so strong it is unbelievable! Love you guys and can't wait to be together again in autumn in Vermont! 8)