My driving on 8 Oct

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

jcmaxwell37

My driving on 8 Oct

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Dear all,
This morning, the wind was very strong and a cloudy sky.I went to Kent Pond for a morning mist shot but the wind blown everything away I was disappointed. After that I drive down south using VT100, passing Killington ski area fantastic view of yellowish leaves. Around Echo lake and other, near peak, yellowish leaves :)
Then I continue down south to Jamaica, Townshend and Newfane unfortunately at Newfane town square, most of the maple trees still green, yay green! I also hunt for covered bridge in the area then using mountain road to Dover, the route and view was fantastic, along the road side the leave is good at its peak but on the mountain are pass peak. I took a little detour to Hogback view point, superb. Then I took rt 8 south to North Adam where I stay overnight and prepare to start Mohawk trail tomorrow.

In my opinion, this year weather is so strange, many part already pass peak but some still green (and not very far from each other or different altitude). However I do enjoy every moment that I drive and see the scenery. I should have someone drive for me so I can enjoy my beer along the way :)

I will try to upload photo when I can get a USB cable or card reader soon.
Cheers
JC

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: My driving on 8 Oct

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:47 pm

JC: if you are in North Adams, before you head east on the Mohawk Trail, you have to go up Mt. Greylock! It's right there! Go early, I think the park opens at 9:00 a.m. The views at the top are amazing and there is a historical icon at the top, a tower which is gorgeous! Go to the visitor's center at the base too. There are two ways to go up the mountain, a north and south entry. It's only 2.00 and when we were there last week, it was free. You just have to get there! It's right where you are. It is probably all peak now and I know you would love it. There are placards at the top letting you know where all the mountains are in VT, NY and MA.

Stop at Gould's Sugarhouse on the eastern end of the Mohawk Trail before you get to 91. It is famous for their deeeelicious pancakes and maple syrup. It will be on your left. Put it on your GPS!

Glad you had a good time in VT and loved your beer! :lol: I hope you got a four pack for your friends in Bahston and didn't drink all the beer up you bought! I'm getting some Heady Topper by way of a friend at work who is from VT. She emailed her relatives and I should be the proud owner some HT too! I was hoping to save it for Thanksgiving but that may not be plausible! :wink:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: My driving on 8 Oct

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I should come see you. I miss you! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is it really $15.00 for only four beers? Wow. I hope it is good! I can't wait to try it!

Let's have a Heady Topper fest when I come up in 2015 for the reunion! YAY! 8)

I'm getting giddy, time to hit the sack!