INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Andy

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:37 am

A new member noted recently that there is no Intro thread here. A terrible oversight by us moderators, I am afraid :oops: :oops:

There are lots of us "old timers" here who "see" each other every year on the forum about this time, but it would certainly be a nice thing for newcomers if we were to introduce ourselves and tell everyone a little bit about ourselves so, newcomers and old timers alike, please tell us about yourselves!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 am

I'll start :) :

I found this site in 2005, while researching my first week-long foliage photography trip to Vermont in many years. I was very familiar with the Northwest part of the state where I grew up, but was looking for good "intel" on the rest of the state. I looked in a lot of places, but hit the proverbial "mother-lode" here. Since then, I have met (personally in many cases), some wonderful, lifelong friends here (and even lost one we all loved and cherished _RIP GIC!). I have been to "reunions," and have written an eBook on photographing Vermont Foliage, all inspired by this site and what it has done for me personally!

I am a nearing 60, balding (who am I kidding with the "ing" thing :) ), lifelong photographer, who love the outdoors and loves photographing beautiful things (the challenge, of course, is to present them as beautiful). My "day job" is as an attorney, and I have practiced in estate planning and family business work for 30 + years).

My fascination with photography began in Vermont in 1976, while attending college there. I was inspired by a college professor who is himself an accomplished and published Vermont nature photographer. Today I have a blog: [urlhttp://lightcentric.wordpress.com/][/url] and my own website: http://www.lightcentricphotography.com/ as well as a Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44528896@N08/4196868637/. They perhaps say as much about me as can be said :) .

I currently live in Michigan, but both of my children are grown and moved away and we own a second home in Florida, which will one day be our retirement venue.

Hope to see everyone out there on the forum this year and meet some new folks! Good viewing!
Andy

jcmaxwell37

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi, you can call me JC.
I'm from the almost opposite side of the world of USA (Guess it). I have a trip for NY, MA, VT this October and came across this wonderful forum by Google. A ton of info, kind people in this forum are sure to help my trip. Thanks admin and moderator for this good website.

About photography, I never become a professional one but life long amateur photographer. I have Minolta camera and lense, and after Sony acquire it, I was force to use Sony device. Now as I'm getting old, I left my DSLR at home and take mirrorless with me for abroad travel. (But for VT foliage trip, I bring good old DSLR)

:D
JC

redrose

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello Everyone!

I'm going by redrose here but you can also call me Dorian :D . I'm from Miami, FL originally and have been in Boston, MA for over 20 years. My boyfriend is born in Cambridge, MA and went to college at Marlboro College.

We are Vermontophiles and make multiple hiking trips a year. This year has been a bit light, getting to Burlington and Brattleboro but not much hiking. I'm addicted to everything Vermont, and a big fan of chasing color in the Fall.

My boyfriend and I were set to go hiking in adventuring in Killington on the 1st but now we are delayed to the following weekend. I know that the whole entire region has had a September heat wave and color is a bit slow. Any news or reports for the Killington area?

Thanks, I'm excited to be hear on the forum.

Andy

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:48 am

Hi Redrose! Welcome to the forum. You will find very good "real time" information here, especially from PWT, BM and Carol. Watch for their posts as the season comes on. A Bunch of us will be in state next week, so there should be increasing activity then. Best!
Andy

jeaniflute

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi, I'm Jeani from Wisconsin, and I hope to visit friends in Southern Vermont October 6-12, in search of peak leaf season.
(I will be glad to drive to Central and Northern Vermont.) I have never used a blog before, and would welcome any advice about whether this is a good time to see peak season, and any tips about driving routes. Thank you!

Andy

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Jeani: Welcome to the forum. This is not technically a "blog" but is a messaging forum. You will find a few things here. First and foremost, you will find real time information about current conditions during the next couple weeks. Second, if you search, you will find archived information about places to visit. Third, you will likely make some lifetime friends.

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Andy