Mt. Equinox Skyline Drive - Vermont's King of the Long Views

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mt. Equinox Skyline Drive - Vermont's King of the Long Views

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:24 pm

I have saved the best for last. If you do anything this season, or any other for that matter, take the drive up Mt. Equinox! You will be blown away by views like none other! I thought Jay Peak was tops but after going up the mountain, the only thing out of your mouth will be OMG, a hundred times over!

This is my second time up but the first was summer with the SOV gang. So now, nearing peak and peak in some of the layer upon layer of mountains, the trip of a lifetime. The ridgeline offers you views on either side that are unparalleled in the state of Vermont. People were in utter amazement!

The best is yet to come! The newly renovated lodge at the top, well there are no words to describe the incredible architectural job they have done, finished in 2012. Two stories up with windows everywhere explaining all the mountains you can see into NH, NY, Canada and Mt. Greylock in MA. Quarried marble rocks accent the landscape, I think from Dorset?

There are multiple pulloffs for the ascent and descent for viewing and to give the brakes a nice rest. The charge is 15 per car and 5 for each passenger. It is worth EVERY PENNY!

My favorite part was the intimate chapel. My heart skipped a beat sitting on the pews with God around me, sun pouring through the chapel windows. This is heaven and no pun intended!

Go here but on a chrystal clear day only to appreciate all that this magical place has to offer. There was haze today and a lot of it unfortunately but still low enough to see layers and layers upon layers of mountains in every direction.

This is Vermont's icing on the cake. A true gem not to be missed! Go for it!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot