VT from 10/9 - 10/13

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

johnnygoodyear04

VT from 10/9 - 10/13

Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:41 pm

I have been reading on this site several places to go during this period, but I am new to this and not sure where would be best, and it seems it might be a little late to get a room some where from the way it sounds. I am driving from ohio and if anyone could give some ideas on places to go I would really appreciate it. It seems from reading that Killington, woodstock and bridgewater areas would be good at this time?

I owuld assume it would also be beautiful up along lake champlain in burlington.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

pwt54

Re: VT from 10/9 - 10/13

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:13 pm

Rooms will be hard to find, but not impossible. Best foilage will be from the Killington area and south. Look in the Rutland/Killington first for a room, then head toward Woodstock and White River if you can't find a room. You could also go farther north to Stowe or Burlington where the foliage will be past peak. Foliage viewing is not the best along Lake Champlain because it's so wide open. However, riding around the Champlain Islands is a nice ride with or without foliage.