2013 VT Fall Slideshow

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: 2013 VT Fall Slideshow

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Carol: absolutely amazing photos as usual. You are one talented photographer and I'll always be your biggest fan even if I am your foliage partner in crime! :mrgreen: I love your farm shots and all the memories we shared on our Thelma and Louise Adventures of 2013! Your animal shots are so awesome and your love for them highlights our connection to farm animals and their beauty.

I miss Vermont as well but it seems like ages ago I was there! It's only a week! I hope you and I can meet up again next season for part III of Thelma and Louise hit the back roads of Vermont! :D

Thanks for posting these photos. They showcase Vermont's foliage glory in all of your scenes! :wink:

Utah Baker

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Wow! Can't wait to get home and view these on a bigger screen and sit back and dream!

Love the cows! :D

shyu

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:25 am

Abby, Which ones are my favorite? Every one!! I have seen your pictures along the years and always enjoyed them. This year you are sharing pictures (framing, lighting, mood, ...) which are so good they can be on any scenic magazines or picture calendars. :D

markm

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:37 am

Very nice variety of scenes Carol! The pictures are very nice to look at. It looks like the weather was nice up there.
It's nice to see what different sections of Vermont can look like.
Thanks for sharing.

BTW, If you are still looking for some color in our area, check out this cranberry bog that will still be flooded on Monday. I took this pic on Sunday late afternoon. It's located along County Rd at the Wareham/Rochester border.

markm

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Carol,
Don't bother to see that bog now. I drove by there around 2:30 today and they already cleared out the cranberries.
I was looking for more harvesting today but came up empty handed. There was more activity in the past several weeks (plenty of pics).

I was contemplating going to Woodstock CT today but never did. We were a little bit more West of there (Somers and Stafford) on Sunday with variable color. I would think Rt 169 should be close to peak by now or very soon. If you feel better, I recommend seeing Woodstock 1st (back roads East of Rt 169). Brooklyn and Pomfret have some nice spots too. I can't remember if a small covered bridge is located in Pomfret on Taft Pond Road?
If they are not close to peak yet, I will go there myself next weekend.

Hope you feel better.....

Mark