Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Postby Utah Baker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Didn't get to bed till 2:30a.m., forced myself up at 8a.m., absolutely lovely drive up I93 from Boston, crossed over down the Kanc to Bear notch pass to Bartlett N.H., the Kanc has passed it's prime, but the colors in lower elev. Still nice. Must get something to eat, I am exhausted along with the time change, and now you tell me to expect wind & rain!?!? I feel the luck of the "DEAN" hanging over me. :roll:

Pentaxguy

Re: Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Postby Pentaxguy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I just drove the Kanc today (10-5) and lower elevations still look good, with the best color on the Lincoln N.H. side. I also delighted in surprisingly bright colors on the higher elevations of Sugar Hill. My day began in Peacham, Vermont, but many trees had serious leaf drop, with individual trees showing bright foliage. While New Hampshire doesn't have the charming farms Vermont has, I may incur the wrath of Vermont foliage fans in saying :oops: , at least on this trip, the Granite state had the better color.

bm

Postby bm » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 pm

If you can head west the foothills of the Green Mountains have fantastic color right now. Huntington, Richmond, Hinesburg. Stowe is at peak and was glorious this weekend!

mmvt

Postby mmvt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

It rained all day today BUT the color is still good. We are definitely seeing some leaves come down in Killington - that's what they are supposed to do BUT there are plenty of leaves left and still good color. Drove to Thetford late this afternoon and saw nice color along 4 all the way to 89/91. White River Junction looked really good compared to last week's mostly green. 91 up to Therford also had some decent color as did the areas around Quechee and Woodstock.
I think that the color is progressing this year as it "normally" does - higher elevation and NEK followed by hillsides and valley's and moving south in the state. The one difference from my experience is that Killington and other high elevations seemed a bit earlier this year.
But, there is still color, still leaves and if the rain stops it should be another great week for foliage!!

abby

Postby abby » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Janice,
Looking forward to a report from you. After today, I know the weather is going to be much better. I'm just glad you are in Vermont where you love to be!!! Can't wait to hear all the details. Have fun! :wink:
Carol

Return to “Foliage Forum”