Thelma and Louise Day One

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

abby

Thelma and Louise Day One

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I finally arrived to the farm to meet CT for our yearly Thelma and Louise adventure. It was a long day for me, for reasons I will not go into, but I am here and I'm glad I made it.
Let me start off by saying that the long suffering one and I first headed to our Barton house, where he got out of the pickup and I left him there to use his truck for the weekend.
I'm a good wife that way.

For those traveling to the NEK this weekend, here is a quick report of what I saw. The colors vary greatly, from past peak in some spots to pretty darn good in others. I was surprised by how well the colors have stayed on the trees in certain areas. There is still some color to be found in the Lyndonville, Burke, Barton and surrounding areas.

So, after I took the truck away from my husband, I drove to meet CT. It's about an hour drive away. I was using my cell phone for the map and directions and was doing great 'till I lost freakin cell service. :shock:
I just got a little lost.....finally found my way to this amazingly beautiful inn. I love it here.

Here is a view from the top of the hill before our inn. I rounded the corner and saw this sky and pulled over for a quick shot or two.

Ct was here hours before me and spent her time with the pigs, chickens, beefalo (not a typo) etc and she had lots of fun.

The sun had set and we were on our way to dinner when we had to stop for this:

Only in Vermont!!!!!

We are now in Thelma's (aka CT)'s room. There is a beautiful fireplace in her room that is all set to go......except CT is too chicken to light it with a fear of burning the place down.
I think that is a good decision on her part. :wink:
She is cold. On the other hand, I am perfectly comfortable. :mrgreen:
Tomorrow's adventures wait for us. Stay tuned........
Sincelerly,
Thelma and Louise
Oh PS,,,,,forgot to mention that the long suffering one's pickup truck is massive.....it is so high off the ground that Thelma and Louise need to use a stepstool to get in it. Oh the adventures we re already having!!!!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Thelma and Louise Day One

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 am

Hi everyone: Carol, Thelma and I, Louise are having a great time at the farm! It is gorgeous here and the view atop Hollister Hill Road is amazing! We ate at Positive Pie in Plainfield and that was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious! Quite a yuppy hangout as far as I could tell and the band was starting at 9 p.m. but we were tired and headed back to the farm. It was quite an experience for me to see a herd of dairy cows crossing the road before dinner and Carol was snapping away! She is used to that scene. :wink:

I might just start that fireplace tonight to take the chill off the room and for some real farm ambience. Can't wait for breakfast! Carol is out somewhere with her camera and then we are off to explore the back roads of Calais, Woodbury, Adamant, Maple Corners, Kent Corners, etc. The East Calais Fall Foliage Festival is this weekend and we may stop at one or two of the events. Last year Charles (ixl) took me to the Maple Corners Community Center which was decorated so beautifully for their autumn festival so we will drop by there as well.

Stopped in Stowe for some relaxing shopping on the way down and the color is still great and headed out before the masses arrived. Bragg Farm was not crowded at all and they have a nice gift store.

Carol will post tonight on day two. We are picking up her husband in Barton later so he will join us tonight. He can be our Brad Pitt for the time being! :mrgreen:

courtmel

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:15 am

Abby-Your photos are gorgeous! Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. Hubby and I are arriving Oct 9-13, staying in Killington. I hope there is some nice views left to drool over. Where is Positive Pie? We are always looking for good places to grab a bite. Enjoy!!! :D
autumn leaf

mmvt

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:07 am

Glad you are having fun and especially that Carol was able to make the trip!!
Light that fire in the fireplace!! (just don't leave it unattended) :-)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Carol and I are having the time of our lives here! She is getting ready to post day two of Thelma and Louise at the Farm. I didn't light the fire again tonight as I am in Carol's room for a bit uploading our photos. Her hubby aka Brad Pitt is crashed out on the bed. He only had to put up with us foliage fanatics for 1/2 day! He's happy! We all went to dinner at Positive Pie again! Terrific place. He took over driving the mega truck and gave Carol a break! What a great guy he is and Carol is blessed to have one heck of a hubby! :D

I'm trying to convince Carol and hubby to spend a night at Seyon Lodge next season. He's a man of few words. We'll see! :mrgreen:

abby

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting. Have had lots going on......
Will make a new post about days two and three.....
Carol