Killington, Woodstock, Route 4 to White River Junction

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Jacky CW

Re: Killington, Woodstock, Route 4 to White River Junction

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 am

Thank you mmvt, I'm so excite while reading your report. I'd be in Killington next week, Oct8-10, hope to see remaining colours their.

Cooper is very cute.

Jacky CW

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am

mmvt wrote:Jacky- you will see some color in Killington but it will probably be a little 'faded' in some parts... BUT, you can easily travel EAST to the route 7 area or SOUTH and you'll likely find "peak" (BRIGHT) color. Killington is higher in elevation so it turns earlier than areas that are close by.
Most of the trees here are still full with leaves so i think you will be very happy! I leave Killington on the 10th and will continue to make some posts about the color.
Thank you very much.

Aspen

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:37 pm

mmt love all three pictures of Cooper and especially the ones with the beautiful colorful foliage in the background!
Would be neat if you could put together a collage of Cooper with backgrounds of all four seasons. Would be great for sentimental family gifts and down the years means so much. We have many priceless pictures of our chocolate labrador's fifteen years. One Winter, we had a huge snow. Our children had flown the nest. Bailey and I spent hours outdoors together with her romping in the snow and my building a snowman. Surprised our children with a holiday picture card of Bailey and "her" beautiful snowman. No longer have Bailey as my excuse to be building a snowman alone but have this precious picture of her. Should we get snow that inspires the child in me to build a snowman, these days, will have the grandchildren come by to give me a helping hand.
Would you, mmt or Bm by chance have driven past the special lodging down on Route 100A which was or may be the Farmbrook Motel ??? It was a beautiful place with a brook in front of it. People had to cross over a private bridge from Route 100A to get to the motel. If I remember right, it had a cascade of water runnning under the motel down to the brook. Not sure if Farmbrook Motel is the name but we loved to stop to just look at the beautiful surroundings. In the past, one of you mentioned on the Foliage Forum it was sitting on an "island" and closed following the devastation created by Hurricane Irene passing up the coast. Do hope this beautiful place has been restored.

Aspen