Robert Frost Interpretive Trail, Middlebury Gap

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Robert Frost Interpretive Trail, Middlebury Gap

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Today bm and I took the short loop on the Robert Frost Interpretive Trail on the Middlebury Gap. So beautiful! Some day, I would like to take the hike into the woods that starts right after the bridge (which has been rebuilt recently). The poems he wrote are scattered throughout the trail and I found that to be a very special touch. It was so gorgeous out and the breeze was enchanting, as you walked along the dirt path. I found it very peaceful and relaxing there and hope you have time to stop at the trail if you are traveling on 125. It was either there or stop at Robert Frost's cabin up Frost Road on 125. This is where he spent his summers writing poetry for many years. I took bm there last year and it is way up in the woods after a short walk between two parallel stones walls.

Both are great stops for peace and tranquility amidst the frenzy of foliage tours. :wink: