NEK this weekend...From_The_NEK?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

PhotoOp

NEK this weekend...From_The_NEK?

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi,

I was planning on going the the NEK this coming weekend, 10/4-10/6. Based on the current conditions, would you suggest the Woodstock area instead?

Thank you,
Jack
Last edited by PhotoOp on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnesotaman

Re: NEK this weekend

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm

I am in the Woodstock area. It is coloring up fast here, but it is still only about 50%. I was in the Corinth/Topsham/Vershire/Chelsea area today, and the color there was excellent. Yesterday I was in the Warren/Lincoln/Bristol/Waitsfield area. The color was excellent on the western half of the Lincoln and Appalachian Gap roads. The color was excellent in Warren, and along 100 from Hancock to Warren. Not so strong yet in Waitsfield.

PhotoOp

Re: NEK this weekend

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I need to decide by tomorrow evening if I cancel my reservations in Lyndonville and look in the Woodstock area for the weekend.

From_The_NEK, any thoughts on your Central NEK loop for this weekend?

Jack

From_the_NEK

Re: NEK this weekend...From_The_NEK?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am

Things are still looking pretty good here in the Lyndonville area. Although I think we are on the tail end of peak. Today's forecast has some strong winds in it. I will update you on what things look like after. There should still be leaves left on the trees but most likely the upper canopies will be bare by this weekend.
IMHO the Central NEK route is beautiful no matter what time of year it is driven :)

PhotoOp

Re: NEK this weekend...From_The_NEK?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 am

I appreciate the offer to update. I know a few days can make a big difference. Unfortunately I have no vacation days left. Monday & Tuesday would have been perfect. ext year I will save some time off for a longer trip to VT!

I did see the wind in the forecast for today. It would be nice to get a few shots of the nice color from this fall.

I do really like the NEK. I took my family skiing at Burke many February vacations until my boys went to college.

Thank you,
Jack