Vermont in Autumn

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

shyu

Vermont in Autumn

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 am

I struggled a few days and finally put my 2010 Vermont fall foliage trip photos here "on line". I use Google Picasa.
If I violated any rules by posting too much or too big pictures...?? Tim, please feel free to remove my post or just let me know what I did wrong. This my first try

https://plus.google.com/photos/10678660 ... psrc=pwrd1

Thanks

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Vermont in Autumn

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Shyu: Fantastic! I went through your entire album just now from 2010 and the color was amazing! 2010 was a great year! I think that was the year of our big SOV reunion. I recognize a lot of the places you went to. The long views were gorgeous. There is no problem with the amount of photos you posted here so I am looking forward to see what 2013 will bring for you as well! Again, the pictures were awesome! :D

Please keep posting on the forum. I enjoy reading them! Happy Autumn!

shyu

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 pm

CT: Every few years, I have strong itch to come back. Last time (2010), I spent a week in Southern vermont. This year, I will venture north to see Northern Vermont the first time. I have been taking notes over the years from undisputable foliage Queen and King (who else but you and pwt54), abby, bm, andy... and all the good folks here. For that I say Thank You Thank You!!!

shyu

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 pm

CT: Every few years, I have strong itch to come back. Last time (2010), I spent a week in Southern vermont. This year, I will venture north to see Northern Vermont the first time. I have been taking notes over the years from undisputable foliage Queen and King (who else but you and pwt54), abby, bm, andy... and all the good folks here. For that I say Thank You Thank You!!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 am

Shyu: thanks for the compliment for myself and for the other regular posters on the forum. It is all about sharing our love for Vermont and providing every kind of information possible that will help others enjoy their trips to the state in autumn. I'm glad it has been so useful for you. I think I owe every bit of my experience to Phil and bm who have taken me to almost every back road, nook and cranny you can possibly imagine! They deserve the king and queen of the back roads, not I. The thing I like the most about our forum is the feedback we get when folks post about their travels in Vermont that were recommended by others here.

I understand about the "itch" to come back to Vermont. The itch that just never goes away. 8) The only satisfaction is to be in the great state of Vermont (in all seasons for that matter)! :wink:

Again, I hope your time in Vermont is stellar in every way imaginable! Have a wonderful time and we all look forward to your posts and photos when you are here! :D

WXMAN76

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

The next 6-7 days are looking perfect. Lots of sun, could be some showers next Monday. Highs in the lower 60s lows generally in the upper 30s. Couldn't ask for any better leaf turning weather. CT better stock up on the benedryl crème. I forecast that itch to get a lot worse before it gets better!! Especially after Phils report. I surely expect an excelerated pace of leaf turning!

Andy

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 am

shyu: The way you did it is excellent. Since the G+ site is yours, there is no limit or "too much." I was there in 2010 and enjoyed that trip for many reasons, not the least of which is, as CT says, it was a big SOV reunion and I got to meet some wonderful folks face to face. We are looking at a repeat in 2015 and I am looking forward to it!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

shyu

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks Andy. Could'nt reply earlier because I just got back yesterday. I didn't have accessed for Internet the whole trip but I sit and read all the posts today. I agree with all folks 2013 was a spectacular year. It seemed almost every tree I saw was at PEAK and SMILING at me, intesnse red, gold, yellow, burgundy...everywhere just unbelievably. And besides no wind, no rain to cause leaf drop either. I logged 1804 miles in my rental car (October 1 thru October 8) and come back with enough memory and pictures to last me a life time.

A few years lurking on this wonderful website finally payoff big time. Can't thank you enough especially to our moderators Pwt54, Ctyanky, BM, ABBY...